new to this

Options
ok here goes i thought i was introducing myself not sure this is where i am suppose to do it at... anyway
my name is Sherry and i am a retired child care provider with a huge family. i am a diabetic and am trying to
get myself on track with my A1C. i have been told to take care of myself and not worry so much about others.
so that is what i am trying to do.

Replies

• kutterba
    kutterba Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi sherry, my first day, too & I ate twice as many calories as i was s'posed to... hope your day was better!
    katey
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    you may friend me if you like, this is a great support site. you can finds all kinds of people.
    I have been on here one month and have lost 10 lbs. But I know if I wasn't getting the support from my MFP friends I would have fallen off that wagon and stayed there.
    A friend and I have just started C25K, would you like to start with us?
    I have about 50 lbs to lose, am 38 years old married with a 6 year old boy Parker.
    come join the fun with us!
  • kutterba
    Options
    sorry, I'm 62 & have arthritis - I have about 30lbs to lose & hope to be in shape for the 5k - to walk it! - by next May. still, a lady needs her wt loss buddies - & I can be a buddy. Like you said, if you don't have them you give up.:ohwell:
  • hydrogirl0225
    Options
    This is my first week also. My name is Heidi and im 25 and getting ready to be married next june. I love this site it's so motivating to see others and their experiences and goals. You can add me if you'd like to. Good luck!
  • DawnyB1210
    DawnyB1210 Posts: 55
    Options
    welcome! This is a great place to be and a great step.
  • kutterba
    Options
    oh, my goodness! all you young girls! you'll be slim in no time!
    I remember that when I was losing to be married that I ate 1) no breakfast, 2)taco & diet Pepsi for lunch, 3)small portions of meat, salad & vegetable for dinner - for 6 months! I was always trying to be smaller than I should have been. That's me in a nutshell!:blushing:
    katey
  • kutterba
    Options
    forgot to mention that I'm a retired nurse - retirement has been my downfall - gained 50lbs! now i have to lose the remaining 30 and at my age it is not easy - it's taken over a year to get this far. <sigh> :frown:
    k~
  • tuffie565
    tuffie565 Posts: 22
    Options
    This is my 4th day and love the support and success stories. Welcome and good luck!!
  • kutterba
    Options
    does this board have a 'moderator?' just wondering.
    k~
  • kutterba
    Options
    thanks, tuffie! I'm gonna need more than luck, but I'll take it, nevertheless!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!!