vacation's over... :(

Options
I have just returned from 8 days in paradise! I didn't log my food or exercise while we were there, but we were in Hawaii, so lots of great fish and fruit and lots of walking, swimming, snorkeling, and surfing. I haven't weighed yet...figured I'd give myself some time back on plan before depressing myself with the inevitable weight gain.

Back to work tonight and back to running and lifting (and back on plan) tomorrow.

Vacation was awesome... Back to the real world...if you have a chance, I highly recommend the big island of Hawaii. It was absolutely AMAZING!

Replies

• SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you had an amazing trip. Don't fret the small stuff. Given your track record you will undoubtedly get right back to it!
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    sounds like you made some good choices!! I went on vaca recently and gained 4 lbs over 11 days but managed to get it off within 1 week... so even if you gained, you'll get it off right away :) good luck!
  • lkmisztela
    lkmisztela Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome back!

Here's something positive. Not saying it happens for everyone, but I went away on vacation to England and Scotland for 2 wks with my 9 yr old. I didn't do any formal exercise, but we walked between 8-12 hrs a day, most days!! I ate whatever I wanted, in reasonable but not stingy quantities - sandwiches, salads, desserts, the occasional chocolate, beer most days, wine, fish and chips, burgers and fries, ice cream most days! Clotted cream on scones with jam. :))) I am swooning thinking about it all, it was awesome.

I didn't gain an OUNCE. Not a pound, not a half a pound. Nothing. Maintained. The exercise of walking was enough to keep me from gaining at all. I think you'll be surprised at how well you did!