New - Any other teachers?

Options
Brand new to this (today is day 1.) I think my biggest weakness is a lack of support system. So, when I ran across this, simply by chance, I jumped at the opportunity.

Any suggestions on where a newbie should start? I'm trying to read posts to understand the lingo, but I'd love some more advice. Best forums to visit, tips, whatever!

If it helps I'm a young (in my 20s) teacher, and I enjoy exercise and eating fruits and veggies, I just think I get stuck sometimes.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am also a teacher, but I have been teaching for 20 yrs...ugh.

I have just started using mfp in the past couple of weeks. So far I am enjoying it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want

Lelah
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I've met a lot of teachers here. Do a forum search for "teacher" and you'll find other posts from us.

You can message me any time with questions. I'll friend you right now!
  • shopgirl192
    shopgirl192 Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm a 1st grade teacher! :)
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Toddler teacher here, so i move all day! The tempting food in the staff room is so tough, but I am getting really good at saying no. Is it just teachers staff rooms that are full of crappy food?
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I mainly do administration now, but I taught fulltime for several years, and I still teach online on the side. Feel free to add me! :)
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm a special needs preschool teacher--15 years. I've been using the mfp for a few months--signed in Jan, but didn't start until Mar. Welcome & good luck!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jezzi4ever
    jezzi4ever Posts: 100
    Options
    Wow. Lots of teachers! Thanks for adding me as a friend, girls. Any suggestions on where to start? I've logged my meals and exercise for the day...but what next?

Any goals for the summer off from school?
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Another preschool teacher here! Those treats in the staff room always do me in too! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I teach French! Welcome! Bienvenue!
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jezzi!!! Hello to all the teachers, I'm have two more semesters and I will be in the classroom myself!!!! Add me
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    :glasses: I'm a teacher too! Only 7 days left!!
    The girls at my school are all in this Biggest Loser challenge, that's how I got started with mfp. I've found that logging and exercising has held me accountable. I've lost 14lbs in 11 weeks! (But I'm still only in 2nd place! ugh!!) One more week without carbs, will hopefully make me clinch the title!
    I'd love to have more teacher friends, so add me too. We'll have to keep each other on track during our summer break!
  • jezzi4ever
    Options
    Okay, silly question--I've received the friend requests--but how do I add a friend? Is there a link to it or do I have to type each individual name in?
  • firestarbeauty
    Options
    welcome! I am a kinder teacher and have substituted grades pk-5th, feel free to add!
  • pbaker8307
    pbaker8307 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    High school Geometry teacher here...would love some friends on this weight loss journey.
  • vemaddox
    vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher too and im new here too....feel free to add me
  • bethany675
    bethany675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    9 years in for me....6 in the classroom and 3 in administration. send me a request. I'm currently in WV via education and work experience in FL.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Okay, silly question--I've received the friend requests--but how do I add a friend? Is there a link to it or do I have to type each individual name in?

Once you hit accept, it's done. You are already confirmed my friend!
  • jezzi4ever
    Options
    Oh, I meant to add new people, but I see now. :) Thank you!!! :)
  • depurs20
    depurs20 Posts: 29
    Options
    High school Spanish teacher.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Any of y'all can add me. I'm always open to new MFPeeps.

14 in the classroom and 3 as a principal in alternative programs for high-risk (beyond risk) high school students. Cutbacks eliminated my position, and spent the last school year off. BUT, while I've been off, I've been volunteering with the Colorado Refugee ESL program and have found a new love in the field of education. I'll probably pursue another M.A. and move into ESL.