First time MFPer, looking for support and friends on big weight loss goal!

Options
Hi there. My name is Laura and I'm starting MFP today and looking to lose at least 70lbs. It's a realistic goal for me and all I want is to maintain and keep up with my two young boys!

I'm married (almost ten years), in my early thirties, have two young boys and hopefully will add another to the bunch in the next two years. It's important that I get healthy first so that I can have a relatively pain free and healthy pregnancy.

I also struggle with depression, anxiety and binge eating. I'm on medication for the dep/anx but as anyone suffering with it knows there are still days that just sneak up on you. The binge eating is still more of a secret from anyone close to me. I am slowly working on finding joyful things to busy my mind when all I can think about is eating. And eating a lot.

I'd love to connect with others on a similar journey as myself. Those that have a hard time sticking to a diet and exercise plan. And anyone that just needs a friend! :)

Replies

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura, just saw your reply on another post and I already sent you a FR haha. But it's good I read all that so I know you a bit better. First, welcome and you can do it! MFP is really easy to use, you just need to commit. I also struggle with severe anxiety and binge eating (no depression, luckily), and know that weightloss and exercise (and healthy living in general - loads of water, more sleep, etc.) help tremendously! About the exercise plan you mention, I didn't have one at all when I started! I just tried to walk a bit. And today, I managed to jog for a full hour! I'm not a great runner but I do run :) just don't put too much pressure on you at first about exercising. As long as you stick to your cals and you drink plenty of water/teas, you should lose quite easily at first :) feel free to add me/come talk to me if you need motivation :) good luck!!
  • xo_laurajane
    xo_laurajane Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply, Ginny! Great advice. My husband swears that if I'd just commit to a walk every evening and just cut down the amount of food I eat that is see a huge difference. Small changes for now and big leaps down the road. I've got to work on that water intake!
  • JulieB864
    JulieB864 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm bipolar and when I get depressed I eat from boredom. I'm looking to lose pounds. Would love to get back to pre pregnancy weight 130. Now 174 but I'm pre menopausal so don't know how I'll do. I just friended you
  • Hempel01
    Hempel01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ☺
  • enjolib78
    enjolib78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me I want to lose the same amount of pounds.
  • citylife624
    citylife624 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @JulieB864 You can definitely do it! I am 5'1" and weighed 172. I was peri menopausal and did manage to get down to 145 on my own. Now on MFP to help me be accountable for what I eat (and do for exercise) so I can lose another 20 pounds. Add me if you'd like!

@xo_laurajane I started out very small, just by switching to diet soda and lost 7 lbs right away. That tiny change set off a series of other changes (soon, no soda) that all contributed to losing 25 pounds, but have yoyo'd another 10 pounds for too long (seriously 7 years). Finally making fitness part of my life. My biggest challenge now is French fries! Aggghhhhh! Add me if you'd like a very human friend who struggles with healthy food choices, but still persists.
  • jnc3000
    jnc3000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im looking to lose 100 pounds, feel free to add me!
  • karriechambers
    karriechambers Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    In the same boat as you...add me :)