So i gained one pound

Options
I'm eating healthy..meats and vegetables I work out .. my co workers say I have guns . But I thought it was all a myth .. I fit better in my clothes but I started this to lose weight not gain. I do lift weights at the gym and I do 30 min cardio before to warm up. I know I shouldn't worry about the number on the scale but I feel I'm being cheated

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Our weight fluctuates every day, that's how the human body works. Weight loss isn't linear, you won't just lose all the time. Some times you'll gain some weight, maybe just for the day or for a few days, then it'll be gone again.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself? If you are weighing daily, you'll go up and down hour by hour! This is the reason I personally do not weigh in daily - the fluctuations annoy me! Realistically, if you are eating at a true, sensible deficit and feeling better in your clothes, you are losing inches and thus weight. Stick to weekly weighing if the fluctuations aren't familiar to you :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,099 Member
    Options
    If you just started lifting/exercising your body will retain water to help with recovery from the exercise. This too will pass. Stay at your calories for several weeks and see what happens.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    most people can fluctuate as much as 3-5 Lbs day to day...body weight isn't static and thus weight loss cannot be a linear function. weight management, whether you're trying to lose, maintain, or gain is all about long term trends.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Our bodies are a complex system - our weight isn't defined by a perfectly linear function of calories consumed over the short term. There are too many systems with too many short term fluctuations that are not a direct result of calories (things like sodium content, TOM, etc)

Over the longer term, these fluctuations tend to flatten out, creating a much more linear correlation between calories and weight.
  • percolater
    percolater Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a month, first thing in the morning, no clothes. That way I think I get a pretty accurate weight and, if I'm dieting, a guaranteed loss. Otherwise I feel upset, even though I know there might be water weight reasons for the gain
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Gaining a pound is nothing. I can gain 3 pounds overnight.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Gaining a pound is nothing. I can gain 3 pounds overnight.

Same here.

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You mentioned eating "healthy," but are you actually logging your food? It's astonishingly easy to eat a lot more calories than you think you are.
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    1 lb?!?!? Oh, the horror.