Just turned 47, time to reach my goal.

Options
macantrell
macantrell Posts: 112 Member
The cake is gone, the celebration is over and the time is now! I turned 47 last Thursday, last year I promised myself I would like something about myself. Something...Well I didn't achieve it and now that another year has gone by I see the importance of getting back on track. To not only meet my weight loss goal but to change the way I think about myself and talk/say to myself.
I need to recognize what I have already achieved, I need to see myself as others do, speak kindly to myself rather than beating myself up and most of all love the person I am today.
Although I say really mean things to myself, I am a very supportive, kind and loving friend. I welcome your friendship requests if you wish to follow my path and share yours.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You know you can do it...and start by saying nice things to yourself as well as to others.:smile:
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You're at the right place to achieve your goals! The support here is unsurpassed, and the people are AMAZING! :) If ever you start to feel discouraged, just browse the Success Stories forum - it's SURE to motivate you! Real people are losing A LOT of weight with the help of this site! :) Best of luck on your journey - I'd love to add you!
  • katadams618
    Options
    With my 58th birthday just days away, I know exactly what you mean.I really want the remainder of this year to be different for me. Best wishes on your journey and in meeting your goals. I am 1 week new to the site, but love it so far! Welcome!!
  • Billilean
    Billilean Posts: 2
    Options
    I just posted I am 48 and want to feel good about my weight before I turn 50! I am with you!!
  • terimacaluso
    Options
    I'll be 50 next December. I want to be back to my "fighting weight" by then. I'm with you.
    Keep a positive attitude.
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses and friend requests I look forward to getting to know you all through this journey!
    So happy I have friends. :bigsmile:
  • Nolalee
    Nolalee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love you Cousin! You are an awesome friend and I and blessed to have you in my life!!