Why do I have more fat rolls now?!

Options
I don't weigh myself but my best estimate is around 120 pounds (I'm 5'1"). My waist and stomach have shrunk, which I know because I've been measuring them, and my abs are beginning to reappear. But at the same time, I have more visible fat rolls now! I've gone from having a couple more grab-able rolls to about 3/4 smaller rolls (that are fat, not skin movement). Can anyone explain this to me?

Replies

• soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My guess is that since you lost weigh your skin has kind of deflated, so your skin folds differently.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 2 and I am now at 119 lbs. I have a flatter stomach but when I sit down - Good grief, the rolls! Moreso than when I was 40 lbs heavier! I think before it just kind of spread out all over the place and now it's more noticeable because my skin folds differently (as mentioned above). Who knows! Who cares! I'm sure you look fantastic and well done :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Loose skin?
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yeh - loose skin. Some of it will disappear in time.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you're only 20 years old. Your body will change many times between your teens and your 20s (and 30s, and 40s, etc.) Don't stress about it.
  • svts123
    svts123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! It was more a vanity query than a real pressing concern! It's just reassuring for a hypochondriac like me to here from peole like pinkpixie who have had the same experience ☺
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    svts123 wrote: »
    I don't weigh myself but my best estimate is around 120 pounds (I'm 5'1"). My waist and stomach have shrunk, which I know because I've been measuring them, and my abs are beginning to reappear. But at the same time, I have more visible fat rolls now! I've gone from having a couple more grab-able rolls to about 3/4 smaller rolls (that are fat, not skin movement). Can anyone explain this to me?

1) you're more self conscious and aware of it
    2) your skin has to have time to catch up with the weight loss
    3) you aren't quite as padded with fat as you were

Keep going it will keep decreasing and your skin will also tighten up (but give that a couple of years)

But nobody has totally flat, no skin ...cos if we did when we bent over we'd tear open :)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    It's also possible that if you've been crash dieting or losing weight in a hurry, that you've dropped some lean muscle mass. You're very near your goal weight; you should be eating at as small a deficit as possible, and strength training to retain that lean muscle. Otherwise, you'll see the scale go down but it will be from the loss of muscle, not just fat, and you could actually feel less toned than you did before.
  • svts123
    svts123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everybody ☺ I have only dropped about 10 pounds because I was never officially overweight, just at the higher end of healthy! I think I'm feeling more toned overall as I've been working out and eating at a deficit. I guess it's nearly time to start eating at a smaller deficit (cue Christmas)!