The price of Complacency!

Options
If you are doing well and think well maybe a day won't matter. Think again! One day led to another, I stopped walking, stopped logging and the price of complacency is high. I went from 160 to 178 over a 3 month period. Don't let this happen to you! I will fight back to where I was but I know it will take time and it just didn't have to happen. So if you are getting to that point where you are saying oh just one meal won't matter, just one chocolate bar won't matter, just one drink won't matter, take an old before picture and put it on the fridge and the food cupboard, with the words, Nothing Tastes as Good as being Skinny Feels. I don't remember who said it but it was true and will be again. Fight the good fight people.

Replies

• kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    If you are doing well and think well maybe a day won't matter. Think again! One day led to another, I stopped walking, stopped logging and the price of complacency is high. I went from 160 to 178 over a 3 month period. Don't let this happen to you! I will fight back to where I was but I know it will take time and it just didn't have to happen. So if you are getting to that point where you are saying oh just one meal won't matter, just one chocolate bar won't matter, just one drink won't matter, take an old before picture and put it on the fridge and the food cupboard, with the words, Nothing Tastes as Good as being Skinny Feels. I don't remember who said it but it was true and will be again. Fight the good fight people.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So happy to see you back!!:flowerforyou:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    You are SOOOooooooo right!
    The holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years) brought me to give in to too many temptations, and my exercise slowed down one day at a time til it hit a halt for almost 3 weeks straight in December! I think I logged a total of 10 days during those months. I am up almost 10 pounds since the summer now.... Complacency really WILL catch you, I agree!
    :ohwell:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Sweetie, that's a lesson in every area of our lives, hard one to learn sometimes-- thanks for the reminder.
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    A good reality check for all. Thanks for sharing:flowerforyou:

Wishing you warm and positive thoughts. :happy:
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more! I have gone through the same thing and have gained about 12 pounds in 6 months since I moved back from my internship and I have to get back on track. Finally working out again a little more frequently and getting back on this site for accountability! Go for it!
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It is hard and it can happen to anyone! But the fact that you are back and admitting to the mistake! Well Wahoo for you! I did not do so good over the holidays and it is hard getting back on track
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post!!! I am just comming back to this site myself and had the exact same experience.
    I was half way to my goal and regained in 1 month what I had lost in 3:grumble:

Good luck to everyone
    I hope 2009 is the HEALTHIEST YEAR for EVERYONE:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I am so glad to read these posts ~ so very, very true. I have been on track since I joined on saturday (i too wanted some support and accountability ) Holidays were full of good ol New Orleans cuisine Oyster poor boys and the whole bit. No real work outs for like 2 weeks, but I had been on a steady slide since I stopped weight watchers in july - not proud of it but up11lbs since then
    Back on track now and very grateful i found you all. it's good to know you aren't alone....
    gnite
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting me know I wasn't alone. It made no sense to use this site if I wasn't going to get back on track and I needed to admit I really messed up. But there is no sense in beating myself to death mentally because it won't change the physical me. I am finding it really hard to give up bread, but I know it is my biggest downfall. I will just have to work harder to have a piece I guess. :ohwell:

I do find if I get outdoors I tend to do more than if I stay in the house so maybe some more shoveling and of course more snowshoeing will help me. Thank you guys for giving someone to talk to.