STUCK.... and I don't want to give up again

Options
After losing the 20 lb water weight I'm at a Stand still been two weeks and I haven't lost any weight been burning cals an eating the same amount any tips to slowly but surly start losing weight again thanks :/

Replies

• KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat! I lost 13 pounds last week, and actually gained 3 this week! I've been eating better, exercising and chugging water, and I'm getting frustrated too!

Katie
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    After losing the 20 lb water weight I'm at a Stand still been two weeks and I haven't lost any weight been burning cals an eating the same amount any tips to slowly but surly start losing weight again thanks :/

Honey, you need to eat! I just looked through your food diary and you are running on empty every day. Feel free to friend me for encouragement. I'd be happy to answer your questions. Honestly, eating more does not have to mean gaining weight. Right now your body has slowed its metabolism to conserve energy for your workouts. If all of your days looked like Sunday June 12, 2011, you'd be rockin'!!! Most importantly... DO NOT GIVE UP!!!
  • marrtini
    marrtini Posts: 75
    Options
    You could try to zig zag the calories you are eating, so one day you eat normally and then the next a little less or a little more ... as an example. I looked at your diary and you do need to eat more. You are barely feeding your body especially with your exercise.
    You could try to increase or change the exercise routine you have, you might just be at a plateau and your body is fighting you for everything you are worth.
    It might take time, above all else, NEVER give up! Even if you arent' losing weight right now, at least you arent' gaining it. Just keep trying.
    Feel free to friend me.
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    what ever u do don't give up; we all have our moments where we are stuck. u come to far; and i am proud of u. just look at what u are eating, maybe u need to change something that your eating or maybe u need to eat a little more if your exercising alot. that is what i was told at weight watchers when my weight didn't go no where for weeks. Rita
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Kick it up a notch. Do something different to keep your body guessing!!!

Ive been stuck too. I gained back a couple pounds (TOM)
    I vow this week to lose those pounds and be rid of my 260s forever

Make sure you follow your calorie guide - and work your butt off at the gym/running/whatever it is you do to exercise
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    You did not log any water consumption. You need to be drinking at least 64 oz of water a day. This really will help you lose weight.
  • jentidd
    jentidd Posts: 80
    Options
    Change what you are doing! Confuse your body with calories and exercise. Maybe you can try to Zig Zag your calories and try some interval training. Make sure you are drinking enough water, or extra, especially in warm weather!! Don't give up, its what your body wants you to do!! Keep going!
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options

Honey, you need to eat! I just looked through your food diary and you are running on empty every day. Feel free to friend me for encouragement. I'd be happy to answer your questions. Honestly, eating more does not have to mean gaining weight. Right now your body has slowed its metabolism to conserve energy for your workouts. If all of your days looked like Sunday June 12, 2011, you'd be rockin'!!! Most importantly... DO NOT GIVE UP!!!

I agree with this. You're definitely not eating enough - also, I think your sodium intake is going to be high. Start adding healthful calories and drinking water, lower your sodium... and see where you are.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I took a peek at your diary. It's very carb heavy and also full of processed food. Try eating a more substantial breakfast. You want your first meal of the day to have some protein in it. Yogurt, eggs, cheese, that sort of thing. Also you need to add some green veg to your diet. Remember tomatoes are a fruit and corn is primarily starch. I didn't look at your water intake, but try for 6 - 8 glasses a day. (my weakness)

stick with it, you can do this!
  • leeuuh143
    leeuuh143 Posts: 48
    Options
    Thank you for all your support how many calories should I be cosuming I'm 190lbs 5'5 and almost 20 years old. Thanks for all your suggestions and help. Obviously I know how to get rid of carbs but are there any other good ideas for non processed foods? Oh and on water I dink 64oz a day I just always forget to log it should I be drinking more? Thanks again :)