Gastric bypass regained 2 stone

Options
Hi
Just wondering if any one else has had a weight gain after gastric bypass. I am 8 years post op but have gained 2 stone x

Replies

• lesleylamb1954
    lesleylamb1954 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I have been sticking to 1200 calories and logging everything. Suppose I just impatient and want results Now!!! Doesn't happen like that though lol xxx
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Patience is hard, understand
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Gastric bypass just a bandaid.
  • wendyntony81
    wendyntony81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm New to this site and I was reading your post about gastric bypass. I am 10 years out and have gained about 40 pounds back. I need to get motivated to loss it again. It's hard so maybe we can encourage each other.
  • CorpusKristi
    CorpusKristi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm about 2 years post op and had got far down as 193 now I'm 225ish. I've started to do a strength training program to increase muscle mass, but so far hasn't reflected on the scale much. Do not want to go back over the 300's like I was when I started this journey.
  • lesleylamb1954
    Options
    I thought that all my problems with weight would be gone after the op. Foolishly I thought I would never regain
    Seems harder to lose as we don't eat a great deal to begin with
  • lesleylamb1954
    Options
    Would like to have the support Wendy. Thanks
  • lesleylamb1954
    Options
    You are soo right kbmnurse
  • witchingmoon
    witchingmoon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have put back on 5stone after having baby. I am 4years out. Trying to now get it back off.
  • BT2016
    BT2016 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You ladies still around here? Would like to join you all!
    Had my RNY 5 yrs ago and have gained 60 back! You all sound like a lovely group.

There are days I cry I am so mad at myself for gaining this weight back.
    But, my dear husband loves me at any weight, always has. Still that doesn't mean much after one goes through this and works so hard to get it off, only to have it come back.
    Makes me mad and sick at myself.