Eating Out of Conveniance

Options
My personal trainer introduced me to leg day yesterday and it drained me completely. I didn't have the energy to get out of bed before I work another 8-10 hours on my feet all day.

I normally pack a lunch but I don't have time now, is it bad to eat out of Conveniance or am I safe if I stay within my range

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What harm do you think will happen if you eat foods within your calorie range?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I love McDonalds oatmeal (which is available all day now), not too many calories, very filling, and with a small coffee, only $3
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    There are many convenience foods that will be within your range. Pick a couple fast food restaurants in your area and look up the nutritional stats (on-line) before you go. That gives you a chance to find options that give you the most bang for your nutritional buck.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My go to convenience food is Starbucks Spinach feta wrap. Omg I don't know how they did it, but it's the best tasting thing and I love it. It's just under 300 calories, has protein and fiber and keeps me full for hours. Especially if I get a coffee too!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you like as long as you stay within your range. It's good to get a healthy balanced diet, but it doesn't have to be every single meal, just overall.

This isn't a short term diet. It's a change for life. You have to relax enough to incorporate the odd holiday meal, fast food stop or unplanned indulgence, or else you'll never be able to stick to it for the long term.
  • joshuakcaron
    joshuakcaron Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been struggling this week. My trainer has exhausted me and I work late nights (my sessions with him are before work.) Needless to say I've fallen out of my routine, trying to figure out a way to make this all work so I have time to pack my lunches.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been struggling this week. My trainer has exhausted me and I work late nights (my sessions with him are before work.) Needless to say I've fallen out of my routine, trying to figure out a way to make this all work so I have time to pack my lunches.

If you are exhausted, then you definitely need to focus on better foods to sustain you and help you build the muscle. Look for any healthy options, with veggies and protein and some fat. If you have a salad with chicken and are starving get something with protein and manage it with your calories or over. Building muscle takes energy! I like Wendy's because you can plan and customize what you are going to get.
  • joshuakcaron
    Options
    If losing, he's not building muscle, just strength, which is different.

You just need to keep at it. You will eventually adapt. You have the time to pack a lunch. Pre planing your meals is important.

No I'm building muscle now. New routine so it's gonna take some getting used to. It took me a while to get into the swing of things when I was dieting.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

You just need to keep at it. You will eventually adapt. You have the time to pack a lunch. Pre planing your meals is important.

No I'm building muscle now. New routine so it's gonna take some getting used to. It took me a while to get into the swing of things when I was dieting.

just curious but how are you building muscle now? Are you eating in a surplus?

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options

What if you pack lunch before you work out, then it's just grab and go.
  • joshuakcaron
    Options

I'm not sure to be honest. The plan my trainer is working on with me is more for body toning although we are working on building mass in my arms. I'm eating at a maitenence level for now but he hasn't made a plan on how much I should eat just what kinds of foods I should eat before and after. Only two sessions in I'll ask him how much I should be eating next Monday.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

I'm not sure to be honest. The plan my trainer is working on with me is more for body toning although we are working on building mass in my arms. I'm eating at a maitenence level for now but he hasn't made a plan on how much I should eat just what kinds of foods I should eat before and after. Only two sessions in I'll ask him how much I should be eating next Monday.

Quick review; you are out of balance and have time to pack lunch but do not want to take the time. You are building muscle and aren't sure if you are eating in a surplus. Your trainer is killing you. You work late? Does this sum it up? Is there more? Wait. You've done 2 sessions? Just a crazy thought: Prior to those 2 sessions what were you doing? Did you have time to pack lunch?