Tattoo Help

Options
Hey everyone
I'm currently on a diet and gym regimen and was debating on getting a tattoo before my tattoo artist moves away internationally for a year. I want to get a tattoo on my lower back. But I'm scared to get a tattoo while I'm loosing weight. Do you think it will have any effect on it?

Replies

• butox
    butox Posts: 7
    Options
    How much did you want to lose? I have two pretty large tattoos (one on my hip, one on my stomach) and have been both very thin and pretty damn heavy-they haven't changed except for a few pesky stretch marks on my hip.
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much weight you are losing. If you are losing ~100 lbs, then yes, I would hold off. Also, if your back if a problem area for you, then I would hold off. But if you are not losing too much weight and don't have a lot of back fat (to put it bluntly), then it shouldn't be a problem.
    You should note through.... it is going to hurt like all get out! I started a full back tattoo on my lower back and it was probably the most painful tattoo I have had done! :)
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm always all for getting tattoos. If he's a good artist, he can fix anything (if your weight loss messes with it). But I really think Marshall is right. If you're losing a lot, and it's a problem area? I'd probably wait. If not? Go for it!!! I also have a back piece, nothing on my lower back however, but I'd have to say my arm was the worst! Especially underneath, that thin, sensitive skin. Ugh if I didn't love art so much!!!
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has changed his body pretty dramatically and his tattoos still look great. They only change is that they look tighter.
  • ashleyrose90
    ashleyrose90 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Thanks for all the advice
    I'm looking to lose about 30-40 pounds.. and my back isn't a major problem area... not my front... hahah
    I'm going to talk to my tattoo artist too and see what she says.