help with motivation

Options
I want to lose weight but I suffer from back pain & laziness so working out is a huge struggle for me. I've tried a routine several times but never stuck to it for more than a few days. :/ How do you force yourself up??

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    weight management is more about your diet than anything else...i don't recommend it, but exercise isn't necessary to lose weight.

as exercise goes, it's important to find something that you enjoy or you'll never stick with anything. i like riding bikes, so i cycle...i don't have to get myself all motivated and pumped up for a ride, i just enjoy it. beyond that, once you discover what being fit feels like...really, you never want to go back.
  • cheri123hall
    cheri123hall Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah I love cycling but I haven't had a bike in years :/ But that's good to hear it's mostly nutrition, I can work with that
  • adelpha
    adelpha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with cwolfman13. I also recommend that when you do not feel like working out, just put on your workout clothes and step out your front door or get on an exercise machine at home. Just the act of starting something will make it easier for you to do it. I found that the hardest thing about everything is just starting. But once you start then you become so focus you do not want to stop. I also been feeling not motivated, so I started using that technique for a couple of days and it work. Good luck!!
  • cheri123hall
    cheri123hall Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'll try starting with walks.
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,619 Member
    Options
    I count cleaning house, washing the car, gardening, hiking etc as workouts. And I enjoy doing these more now because I'm killing two birds with one stone. These are all in the MFP data base and all help you create a calorie debit. MFP estimates a bit high for cals burned though so I just enter a shorter time. You could use this type of activity in place of workouts.