people with depression

Sticking to a routine of any kind is very difficult for me, but especially health related things. How do you stick to eating right or exercising? I flip flop between not eating enough and eating too much, mostly sweets. And I lie in bed all day so I need help and support really bad to get healthy. Tips??

Replies

• TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Finally going to a doctor and getting some medication helped me immensely. Once I got the boost to actually do things, I found that I felt better when I ate healthy, and the days I worked out? Absolutely amazing.
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    Hello I don't have depression, but I do have anxiety which has some depressive tendencies in itself. Some days it's hard to get out of bed or the house, but I always make a point to do some exercise because that is one thing that makes me feel better. It's one of the things my doctor told me to do (on a note and everything lol). All I can say is exercise makes the happy chemicals in a person's brain go off just like both sex and food do. Doing YouTube videos on workouts or yoga can make all the difference. There are days where I just do YouTube yoga in bed because I don't feel like I am able to leave my room. Anything is better than nothing.
    I have a sweet fetish as well, and the best way to not want sweets is to put EVERYTHING you eat into your food diary. It makes me feel bad about myself if I have to look at a whole bunch of sweets and calories every day.
  • cheri123hall
    cheri123hall Posts: 13 Member
    I've tried medication before but I didn't like how I felt. And therapy wasn't helping, I only got more angry. So I gave up..I'm at lost how to help myself but I'm still trying!
  • cheri123hall
    cheri123hall Posts: 13 Member
    @pichu318
    Yeah I've just started keeping a diary. And bed yoga is a good idea, thanks!:)