Eating habit affecting my mood?

Options
I've been getting headaches and feeling tired a lot lately. I get enough sleep but I still feel tired and sluggish throughout the day. I just don't seem to have a lot of energy. I'm wondering if this is due to my eating habits? For a while, I've been trying to stick to eating a ratio of 45% carbs , 35% protein, and 20% fat. Usually the fat is a little more and protein less. Can eating less carbs make someone so tired and have a negative affect on their mood? I still eat about 130-140 grams of carbs which is plenty

Replies

• PhoenyxRose
    PhoenyxRose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about your food being the issue so long as you're not deficient in anything. What's your exercise like? I know that for me personally something as simple as a 30 minute walk can really boost my energy for the rest of the day and that the times I've been feeling my best I've been exercising about 3-4 days a week.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If 45% carbs is only 130-140 grams, then your total calories seem fairly low. Are you actually trying to lose at an appropriate rate / do you actually have sufficient stores of body fat to support the rate of loss you chose?

I wouldn't think you'd experience problems at those macro levels, it's not too dissimilar from what I end up eating and I'm fine (except when the cat doesn't let me sleep!)
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling your daily calories are too low.
  • MBmira1922
    MBmira1922 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was having same symptoms and my nutritionist told me to eat protein at every meal even snacks. It's hard to do that I know but increasing protein will make a difference. Good luck
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Food choices can def affect your mood and energy. I found especially if I would eat those side kicks things as a side for a meal, Id feel sluggish and tired a few minutes after supper. Same with anything with a lot of msg in it.
    Also, I have sleep apnea so that's always a possibility if you're always tired.