Deciding to Live Healthy and Looking For Support!

Hi MFP!
I have been on this site for a little over 2 years now. I joined in 2011, dedicated to lose weight and do it the right way. But I have to say, when I joined then, it wasn't for the right reasons. I joined because I was in an abusive relationship with someone who only liked "skinny girls". I was determined to be his "type". This lead to a resurface of very unhealthy habits and a return of my eating disorder. The relationship ended and I moved, and gained 20 pounds. I was happy, but I was unhealthy again. I tried to stay on MFP, but I was just too busy. After returning from a semester abroad and moving back to my hometown, I have decided to give this another go. But, this time it's for me. It's not about weight. It's not about food. It's about living healthy! While living abroad, I learned to love myself. I learned to be comfortable with my body. I refuse to let that change because I am back in the States and back around triggers. I am looking for people to join me in this journey of living healthy and loving ourselves!

Goals for 2013:
EAT HEALTHY: It's not about weight loss (though I do want to lose weight). I just want to be healthy. I want to treat my body good and not put junk into it.

HAVE A HEALTHY MIND: Not negativity! No talking bad about my body! Remaining positive and remembering that I am not a number on a scale!

BEING ED-FREE: 2013 will be a year without my eating disorder. I am 2 months free so far!

Best of Luck to each and everyone of you!

Replies

• kaj44
    kaj44 Posts: 38 Member
    great goals..........................................:flowerforyou: With your strong dedication you will be successful!!!!!
  • bessie_moore71
    bessie_moore71 Posts: 1 Member
    I would like talking to you on how you kept your goals..
  • perrykhangura
    perrykhangura Posts: 7 Member
    Great goals, wish you all the best:)