Healthy snacking ideas

Options
So when you're watching tv, what kinds of things do you snack on? I'm looking for ideas other than baby carrots, celery, cucumber and grapes.

Replies

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you're looking for high-volume foods that you can nibble on for longer amounts of time:
    • Popcorn
    • Edamame
    • Sugar free jello
    • Berries
    • Rice cakes
    • Super dark chocolate (it takes me close to 30-40 minutes to savor 2 squares)
    • Mushrooms
    • Cucumber salad
    • Salad in general (especially if I use a lower-calorie dressing and can get 3 cups worth of food for under 100 Calories)
    • Pickle spears
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yes I have a problem with bingeing and snacking when I watch tv or surf online so Im looking for things I can eat that won't make me keep gaining weight! I like berries and pickles so will probably try that. Rice cake are good too but I like to put PB and slice banana on it lol.With salad, my problem is I drown it in ranch or caesar...so not a good idea for me.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by healthy?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Be more mindful.
    It might be easier to keep food and tv separate.
    Eat food in the kitchen. :)
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Put less dressing on your salad.

Learn to knit, or something else to keep your hands busy while watching tv.

Stand up and march in place instead of eating while you watch tv.

• tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    If you can be good about portions nuts are great. Or try drinking tea it's not food but it can help reduce snacking
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, ice cream with pb2, protein fluff. Tonight I'm having popcorn with nutritional yeast and taco seasoning, and a bowl of Edy's slow churned triple chocolate with powdered peanut butter and maybe a bit of fat free reddiwhip
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    64crayons wrote: »
    Put less dressing on your salad.

Learn to knit, or something else to keep your hands busy while watching tv.

Stand up and march in place instead of eating while you watch tv.

Why? I love eating while I watch tv. Well I don't really watch tv, but I love to eat when I'm home at night surfing the web.
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I got some bananas, cutie oranges, pickles, rice cakes, baby carrots, cucumbers and celery :)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I have been kind of going a different way to help with my snacking habits. Basically I've tried to eliminate snacking and really only have 3-5 deliberate meals where I make food and eat it so I'm never mindlessly eating.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with apple Alice's
    Baked apples
    Yogurt with berries
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes with PB2 (about 1/4 the cals of regular PB) and thin sliced Bananas.