Anyone else use an old photo of themselves for motivation?

Options
jellebeandesigns
jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
edited December 2015 in Motivation and Support
I was 137 before I got preggo with #4 in 2013 and now I'm 188. I'm using my pre-last-baby photo as motivation...is that weird? I don't feel like it was that long ago and should be achievable...anyone else?
5AEC7F9F-5D66-44D5-92CA-06A0F782CDE9-2466-0000041E7B98A23B.jpg

Now
F4442727-65C7-4E8C-9219-7FF275EE3F27_1.jpg

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Nah. I was fat from the time I hit puberty until last year, unfortunately. But if it's good motivation for you, great! I'm sure you can get back down to your pre-baby weight :)
  • JaanaNuku
    JaanaNuku Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all I do that too! Actually I think it's a much better motivation than looking at some unrealistic model pictures and aim for photo-shopped bodies! Sometimes look at a photo from a couple of years ago and can't believe that was me!
    It will be me again though :smile:
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's weird. I have some pics of myself from after I lost 96 lbs several years ago - I was around 142 lbs - currently at 205. I like to see those pics and remind myself that if I have been there once, I can be there again. I don't have those pics pinned up or anything, but I do look at them once in a while. I also look A LOT in the success thread. I find tons of motivation seeing people who have lost hundreds of pounds. Love the before and after pics!! It's truly amazing the changes that people can make in their own lives!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You should be able to achieve that. :)

I use a before picture to remember how far I've come. This was the picture that got me to stop denying that I had a weight issue. It worked better for me than a picture of when I was thinner or a picture of some random person I'm not built like.
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o3_500.jpg
  • mikerisser
    mikerisser Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do it. I have it as my phone background too.
  • duracell24
    duracell24 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all.. I crave the body I had before my son... And you will get there!!! Good luck!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I have my before and after photo posted on my fridge. So really, it is my current photo that motivates me. I want to stay like this!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    "Before"

3ussgv55irsi.png

"During"

8uia3r2d8uzc.png

And I can't wait to see what the "After" picture will look like !

• c1ownfishie
    c1ownfishie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I definitely do the same thing! I gradually gained 15 pounds in the last 6 months so I don't even have to go back very far in my phone to see my "then" pictures.
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    lnv2i5weue6h.png

cdoikubu9fgk.png

A before and after my weight loss journey. I always look back at it when feeling bad :)
    25 kg (55 pounds/15 stone) lost, healthy eating learned and maintaining for the past 4 years or so (with fluctuations)

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Nope, had all my trousers taken in. Maintain the weight, and waist size, or spend a fortune on new clothes.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think lots of people do it! Someday hopefully I will be skinny again...
    p1itd764my56.jpg
  • Negative_X
    Negative_X Posts: 296 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yup.

Especially when I'm having a rough day, or feeling unmotivated to workout... I promptly whip out the pic below, when I was almost 240lb's... usually does the trick. :)

0pjniy1qmt3e.jpeg
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely!
  • haychc87
    haychc87 Posts: 10 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

I use a before picture to remember how far I've come. This was the picture that got me to stop denying that I had a weight issue. It worked better for me than a picture of when I was thinner or a picture of some random person I'm not built like.

I'm the same. It was a photo taken of my this past July that really made me face reality that I had gotten fat and needed to loose weight. It's my motivation pic. I'm determined to take another pic a year from that day and hopefully see a difference. SW156 CW142 GW130.

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Amazing how far you have come. You are so incredibly fit.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm doing exactly the same. I want to go back to how I was pre 3rd pregnancy. I'm nearly there now, so it is achievable!

From Aug 2013:

SAM_3249.jpg
    image sharing

And from last Friday (I'm on the right)
    image.jpg
    upload images free

I'm actually a few lbs heavier now, although you can't really tell in most things, it's just my smallest jeans don't fit properly yet. The weight is around my stomach.