30 day shred question

Options
i have seen awesome results from others doing the 30 day shred dvd and i am thinking about getting it. I am hesitant about getting it bc i usually get frustrated with workout dvds and end up not using them... i know the workout will push me and it is hard but how hard exactly ? too hard and quit or hard but just keep going hard? Kind of a dumb question but i would like anyones advice or input.

Replies

• gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Do they have it at a library that you could try?
  • bcurtis16
    bcurtis16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    greast workout. Take the time to watch it thru (FFWD when needed) so you can be sure you understand the moves. Its a great work out and it has 3 levels. Stick with level 1 as long as you need to before moving on. Good luck!
  • paulagabay
    paulagabay Posts: 96
    Options
    start with level one and you will do great. They have the exerciser that modifies and the one that is going hard core.
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Definitely "I can't wait to do it again tomorrow!!" hard :)
  • K8egrl22
    K8egrl22 Posts: 9
    Options
    If you ahve Netflix you can get it from them, try it out and see if you like it :) I just got it and did day one today. It's a hard work out but it's short enough you feel like you can finish no matter how much it's kicking your butt :)
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred isn't really super challenging. Obviously, it depends on your fitness level and which parts of your body are strongest, etc...but I'm not in super good shape by any means, and--with the exception of a few moves--I didn't find 30 Day Shred very challenging at all.
  • kesteele
    kesteele Posts: 127
    Options
    Hey I can contribute to this quite a bit I started it 9 days ago and have lose 2.6lbs so far....and 2 inches all over. HARD AS HELL but she gets results you may not think a 20 minute workout would be hard but she half kills you. I just moved to level 2 on day 8 of the my workout plan....I got it at FYE for 14.99 Don't know if they have one of those where you were --- I have pilates and zumba and a few other workout DVD's this is the fastestr results and has really built muscle -- my arms are tighter and stronger....send me a personal message if you would like to know more!!!! Hope this helps!!!!

OH I also got bored with DVD's and this is the first that when I got bored wiht level 1 I moved on to level 2.....and yeah....it kicked my butt again
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I just picked it up. Have done it 2x. It is hard. but the duration helps me to keep going. I don't do it every day, but I added it to my work out routine to change things up a bit. I feel like I can do anything for 20-30 minutes, and the calorie burn is significant for that length of time according to my heart rate monitor.

Hopefully I will stick with it.....
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You can buy it instantly through Amazon.com to download and watch on your computer, for $1.99 per level ;)
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hey I can contribute to this quite a bit I started it 9 days ago and have lose 2.6lbs so far....and 2 inches all over. HARD AS HELL but she gets results you may not think a 20 minute workout would be hard but she half kills you. I just moved to level 2 on day 8 of the my workout plan....I got it at FYE for 14.99 Don't know if they have one of those where you were --- I have pilates and zumba and a few other workout DVD's this is the fastestr results and has really built muscle -- my arms are tighter and stronger....send me a personal message if you would like to know more!!!! Hope this helps!!!!

OH I also got bored with DVD's and this is the first that when I got bored wiht level 1 I moved on to level 2.....and yeah....it kicked my butt again

Under $10 at Walmart.
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 and she has REALLY kicked my butt! I got mine from Walmart.com for $6.95 - had it shipped to the store so there was not cost for shipping and handling. So far, I think it's well worth the workout. I can't wait to finish my 30 days!
  • haulinbuns
    haulinbuns Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was like you so I downloaded just part 1 at amazon for $1.99. I do like it. I did 5 days of it last week and took the weekend off. It was not something I could do in our camper, LOL. Started back at it this morning. I'm getting close to move to the next level. It is not too terribly hard and for 2 bucks it was worth a shot.