Countdown to Competition vs Normal?

Options
For those last few weeks before the pageant, does anyone have input on weather 21 day fix extreme countdown to competition nutrition would be good? It's basically 2 days on only veggies, 1 serving of whole grains, lean proteins, some fat, and no dairy nor fruit followed by a day of more balanced eating with 30%protein, 30%fat, 40% carbs. I WILL CONTINUE TRACKING ACCURATELY MY CALORIES AND MACROS AND STAYING IN MY CALORIE RANGE, NOT DOING A BLIND PORTION EATING. I was more wondering if this cycling would be effective for about 6 weeks left. Thanks;)

Replies

• ANT98
    ANT98 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    This is a beauty pageant? For bodybuilding we generally cut out all things that could cause water retention and bloating for the last two weeks (dairy, certain greens, beans, wheat) and drink plenty of water.
  • ANT98
    ANT98 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    This is a beauty pageant? For bodybuilding we generally cut out all things that could cause water retention and bloating for the last two weeks (dairy, certain greens, beans, wheat) and drink plenty of water.

I still want to look my very best, and someone said that their friends have had amazing transformations with it, so I was just wanting to know if cutting out the fruit, dairy, wheat for 2 days then normal days (cycling) would help? Carb cycling maybe work?