30 Day Shred-- I need encouragement!

Options
I've tried it two days in a row, and haven't been able to keep up either day :-( She talks about not stopping during the entire workout, but I simply can't keep up with her (even following the beginner)

Has anyone else had this problem? Should I even consider these "attempts" as days completed? I'm not sure I will be able to finish this in 30 days, and I need some encouragement.

If you've struggled with the workout series and overcome the first hurdle, I'd love to hear from you!

Replies

• SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Just do the best you can. I was able to keep up with her, but I'm used to pushing myself to breaking since I've been through Army basic training. If it takes you longer, it takes you longer. Every day you try is a step closer to completing the program. If you need to make the 10 days per level into 15 or 20 days, there is NO shame in that. As long as you're doing your best, that is what matters. You can DO this! You can get THROUGH this! And your will come out the other side a better and stronger person for this!!! :D
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, when I did this, I spent the first 3-4 days yelling back at the TV. I could not do all the reps, but kept trying and by the second week I was amazed at what I could do..

Stay with it..
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Me, I couldnt do it!

Managed to get throught the warm up and first round of 1,2,3 the first and second times, then I decided to do it less vigorously, and then I managed the whole thing. Like things like not bringing my arms all the way up in the jumping jacks, only doing half of the arm bits in the squats, and just going on to my tiptoes instead of fully jumping on the skiprope bits.

After doing that a couple of times, I have built up my stamina, and, although I'm only on my 4th attempt, I have now completed it twice. It is getting easier, and I'm really proud of myself for persevering
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I also have trouble keeping up. I think if you do your best and try to do as much of the work out as you can you should count it as a completed day. The more you stick with it the easier it will become and you will be able to follow along better and do more. Good luck!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, when I did this, I spent the first 3-4 days yelling back at the TV. I could not do all the reps, but kept trying and by the second week I was amazed at what I could do..

Stay with it..

Same here, I promise it will get easier the more you do it. Getting through day 4 was the real turning point for me, after that I felt so much better and managed to follow most of the moves, most of the time.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    She also tells you that you can pause for a 5-second beat if you are struggling. Just be true to yourself, and try your hardest. It is most certainly a day completed and it will get easier every day if you push yourself.

Level 2 day 10 completed today on my first ever workout video. Hang in there!!!
  • bbahmer377
    bbahmer377 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred right now too! I'm only on day five, but my first three days were hard! It's getting easier everyday, untill i move on to level two that is! haha But I know on the first day I skipped reps and I modified the exercises. I just try to do one more rep or try a little harder each day, so i know that I'm getting better! You can't expect your self to be perfect the first time trying! I think that you have 1o days on each level so that you can master the exercises, then move on. Don't quit just because you're struggling! Everyone does, and the fact that you're exercising and trying this means that you're getting more fit everyday. Don't give up! You're doing great :)
  • emmavisman
    emmavisman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I struggled INSANELY with the first 3 workouts, they were very difficult, but as soon as the 4th came around, I could do every single exercise AND I dont hurt after anymore!! No aches or anything! Your body just needs to adjust, DONT GIVE UP! You can do it! Take it at your own pace, but with every workout do more and more and you'll be fine!
    Also, if you don't think you can do it in 30 days, just do it for longer, think about it this way 'every time I take time off or a day off, that adds one more day to the shred'
    It's hard but you can do it! If you can't complete an entire workout go for a walk, run, do something to add up the time!
    :)
  • iteachfirst
    iteachfirst Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I promise it does get easier. Keep doing it. Just do the best you can. You will love it the more you do. Level 2 is my favorite. It's hard but I love it and I do not love working out. I'm addicted to doing this DVD. I've also been trying to run/walk and I'm not such a fan of running, but I do love the 30 Day Shred.
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    I am just on day 4, but each time I do the workout I can tell that I improve. I dont seem to get as winded as the first 2 days. I love the video and even tryed to do a phase 2 and saw i am no where near ready to advance, and am real scared of level 3...... keep up the hard work and i think you will see it gets a little easier everyday!!!
  • ASturtevant79
    ASturtevant79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I barely kept up with her and I was so sore the next day that I didn't want to do it again! I pushed and did the best I could and 2 months later i'm doing level 3 and her metabolism boost dvd which makes me want to puke! Keep going and your stamina will improve over time.
  • kkhospice
    kkhospice Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Speaking as the poster child for a life of no exercise - I can assure you that you CAN do it!!! The first day I threw up, quite literally.... twice. ( a first for me, I assure you) I am on day 5 and each day gets just a little easier.... but keep in mind... just a little. Each day is still oh so hard, but I can say that on day 5 I could finally walk without looking as if I had ridden into work on a pony. I have to say that I have found this to be the most rewarding effort for my health. You owe it to yourself to find out what it can do for you. Good luck!!!