Trying again

Options
I'm 28, 5'8", and 235 lbs. I've tried before but stuff kept on getting in the way. Class and work and a hurt boyfriend kept me away from the gym. Add to that an aversion to cooking and bad *kitten* happens. Seriously hate cooking. If I never have to cook again I will be ok with that.

So for me it's a matter of portion and craving control.

It's also been suggested that my depression might be triggered by a reliance on carbs and sugar. I know chocolate makes me sluggish, so this doesn't seem too outlandish. I know that if I don't eat meat I'm super depressed and angry until I do. So controlling my diet is a must.

Replies

• Aria_Luna
    Aria_Luna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm starting with extremely similar stats! 5'9", 24 and 241 starting weight. And a serious sugar addiction. Lost three pounds in a couple days on nutrisystem. Here's to about 60 more haha. Good luck to you!
  • TiffanyV25
    TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    5'8" & roughly 230.. lost over 40 lbs on MFP three years ago then had third child, finished nursing school plus lost mom.... back to square one having a hard time finding my MOJO. I just don't know how to do it again. It's the getting started that's hard... for me anyway.. good luck!
  • AngelAnnihilate
    AngelAnnihilate Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Added o:)
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I hear you with the stress and emotional eating.
    What is it that you don't like about cooking? Maybe if you could find some small things that you do like about it that would help?
    Maybe a meal plan delivery, depending on your budget and location?
    If you're in the US and have the funds, there's one called "metabolic meals" that offers pre-cooked meals delivered. You can choose weight loss or building, I believe. I've never tried them and don't have any connection to them (not trying to sell anything, that it), but it seems like a good way to eat healthy without cooking if it fits your situation.
    Good luck and feel free to add me if you want!
    Jen
  • claraoswold
    claraoswold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm attending professional school for engineering and have very little time to myself. Cooking is just a waste of time that I could be spending sleeping or just having a moment to myself. I also work in a lab, which is dirty and tedious work. I just want to knock off my boots, put my jeans in the wash and veg.

When I do cook its limited to quickly cooking a steak, putting a potato in the microwave and opening a salad and dumping it out.