Thermogenic fat burners

Options
Does anybody have a favorite fat burner that really works? I've used animal cuts but it primarily pulls excess water out of your cells

Hydroxy cut is ok but the new stuff seems watered down.

I'm currently performance mix SST, not sure how well it works yet just started

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    They're all junk and the only way they work is to make your wallet lighter.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    What he said ^^
  • 19gabriela01
    19gabriela01 Posts: 2,090 Member
    Options
    I use grenade thermo detonator. It's claimed to be a fat burner but I actually use it as a preworkout.
  • ModerationWins
    ModerationWins Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Kind of what I thought, I probably can get the same results with caffeine pills
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    If they actually provided meaningful levels of thermogenesis, they would be very deadly. There was one chemical that was actually a truly potent thermogenic, but it had the rather unfortunate side effect of death by hyperthermia, even when carefully administered by medical professionals.

Most other thermogenics are so mild that the effect is pretty trivial (as evidenced by the fact your body temperature isn't measurably elevated). Like drinking ice water, there is some legitimate calorie burning involved, but you might as well just walk for an extra five minutes or something.
  • ModerationWins
    Options
    Thanks for the insight
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    If they actually provided meaningful levels of thermogenesis, they would be very deadly. There was one chemical that was actually a truly potent thermogenic, but it had the rather unfortunate side effect of death by hyperthermia, even when carefully administered by medical professionals.

Most other thermogenics are so mild that the effect is pretty trivial (as evidenced by the fact your body temperature isn't measurably elevated). Like drinking ice water, there is some legitimate calorie burning involved, but you might as well just walk for an extra five minutes or something.

The is a rare gene (autosomal dominant) that causes the same effect when exposed to anesthesia. It is called malignant hyperthermia and is very deadly.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yep, total waste of money! Diet...diet...diet...!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Everytime I see "fat burners", I think of that awful story of that woman in the UK who literally burned to death from the inside out because she took some "fat burner diet pill" that she got from the internet.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My deficit, treadmill and determination are the best fat burners ever

95069916.png
  • ModerationWins
    Options
    thanks for the inspiration
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I know some swear by using apple cider vinager. I don't know if it works or by what method it works f it does work. You could give it a try. It isn't expensive and is supposed to have health benefits at the least. I've been meaning to try but keep forgetting. I have used it for treatment of gout and it is effective for that. I would mix an oz or so with about 8 ounces of juice and chug it down and then chase it with a glass of water (I detest the taste of vinager mostly). Rinse your teeth of so don't have vinager acid on them. I've used the Braggs brand.

This shouldn't replace watching your calories.