Emotional eating

Options
I had been doing really well the past year or so not eating a bunch of food when I get upset but I've been working a lot and had a really bad day and ended up binging on a bunch of brownies and cake that didn't even taste that good. Feeling really guilty especially since the holidays are coming up and I'm seeing my family for the first time in a while and I want to look good, any advise?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. I doubt it will make a dent in your weight loss. Do better tomorrow :)
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    It takes 3500 calories to gain just one pound. Log it and move on. I'm over 600 today. I'll start over tomorrow.
  • fit4lifemom
    fit4lifemom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Agree with previous posters - log it, move on. If you are still having onto the guilt, which in turn could cause another binge, go back and look at your log for the previous few months and show yourself it is a blip, not a habit.
  • angelinhell
    angelinhell Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    One bad day won't make a difference, honestly! Last week I went thousands of calories over and still lost. Just jump back on the wagon and all will be well!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have always been an emotional eater, which is my downfall. I get in these negative emotional cycles where I binge eat... then continue to binge eat because "it doesn't matter anyway". I'm working on a lot of emotional things to make life easier to cope with. Work, especially overworking around the holidays can be rough. The best thing to do is log it, and move on... plan for exercise the next few days, it will help you feel better.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Treehopper said it right about keeping exercising. Don't do it to burn off those extra calories, but do it because it will make you feel better, and is healthy.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    One of my mottoes is "learn from it and let it go". This, like all the other mistakes we make in our lives, is a chance to learn and grow. You realized WHY you over ate, acknowledged that not only did it not taste good, but it made you feel poorly, so just remember these thoughts and feelings the next time you feel a similar urge. One mistake with our eating does not ruin our health or weight loss goals.