salt :(

Options
bmw4deb
bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
I'm a huge salt lover, I eat it on everything! trying to cut back how do i add sodium
to my food diary for tracking?? And am I correct in 2000 mg a day??

Replies

• Rebel_Girl
    Rebel_Girl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Go to Setting, Diary Settings and add it under the Calories section.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I would recommend not putting salt on anything anymore. I'm not sure how to add it...trying typing in table salt maybe?? If you're adding salt to food, I don't know how you're going to stay under 2000mg a day- which includes the sodium already in foods. Good Luck!
  • DrAJ84
    DrAJ84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Go to the food tab, select settings, go to the nutrient tracking part and select sodium as part of your list. Voila!
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi

To add it to your diary you need to go to settings, then into diary settings then you will see the options you have for tracking nutrients in your diary.

My daily sodium was set my MFP at 2500mg, I don't know if this is standard or a variable according to weight, sex, activity level.

I'm totally the other way to you, I never salt anything!
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    2500mg was the old standard, MFP still uses it, but the new one is 1500mg. i stick with the 2500mg, but i don't have any problems that salt will affect, except water retention, but staying under 2500mg seems to be ok for that. my mom on the other hand, has medical issues that make salt a big thing for her, so she follows the 1500mg a day, and unless you make almost everything from scratch, it's tough! a lot of premade food is loaded with sodium, even when it's labelled as healthy. you especially have to be careful if you eat out, very hard to find stuff that is not too high in cals as well as lower in sodium.

good luck with cutting back, salt is a hard one to do for sure, i still find there are things i need a salty flavour with, and instead of sprinkling salt, my mom found this sea salt water spray. it doesn't have enough salt to count, but adds just that hit of saltyness some things need, like eggs, potatoes and tomatoes. lol
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone i found the settings, sea dalt water spray humm gotta find some