How do you manage?

Options
This past year has been a rollercoaster for my attempts to get healthier and back into shape. I was doing very well up until I went on a vacation. I generally feel like I haven't got enough hours in the day to complete everything. I currently make two meals a week, one on Sunday that makes enough to eat for lunches through the week and one on Monday that is suppers for the week. I really want to cook more often, but my work days are generally 12 hours from the moment I leave the house to when I get home. Between getting home to when I lay down for bed, working out, housework, and some down time needs to fit into those three hours.

So, as the title says, how do you manage it all?

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    A trick. A can of healthy soup such as progresso black bean soup. Plus a can of black beans. Over instant brown rice. A super healthy dinner that is fast.
    You could also make vegetarian chilli and freeze. A healthy green salad with garbanzos takes no time to make.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Crock pot meals are awesome for having hot, healthy meals with minimal cooking time...if you get one with a timer you will have more cooking options because the 12 hour workday will limit what you can cook for that extended a time. Ditto for a steamer - with a timer you can set everything up and then have a hot meal ready when you walk in.
  • whooRAWRowlbear
    whooRAWRowlbear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Beans are generally a no. I've tried to eat them a number of times, and something about the texture bothers me. My fiance ends up eating them.

I'm in love with my crockpot and rice cooker, but only the rice cooker has a timer. I usually use it for Sunday dinner/week lunches. And at this point, we don't have the space for another crockpot (I have a large and a small crockpot). But I do love coming home when I have something cooking.