Woman 5-5'4 losing 40-100 pounds!

Options
kristenkrogue
kristenkrogue Posts: 4 Member
edited December 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hi, 19 years old here weighing in at 215 at 5'1. Looking to make some friends with the same goals as me. I am wanting to lose 55 pounds by summer'16. Would love to lose more though! Looking to loose about 10 pounds a month! My ultimate goal is to lose 80/90 pounds by March'17. Any tips are appreciated, would love to go on my journey helping others with theirs! <3

Replies

• alonnar12
    alonnar12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, add me!
  • allisonkleeman09
    Options
    Im on board!
  • therese100SF
    therese100SF Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! Love to join a motivated group of like-minded folks on same journey...I am seeking to lose & then maintaining for LIFE.
    Kristen: your goal to give yourself until March 2017 IS DEFINITELY reachable--let's help each other!!!
    Alonnar12: hello!!! friend me!
    Allison: hello!!! friend me!
    ***Me? I'm 50 yoa, 5'1", down 11#'s from start weight {45#'s to go}. Plan involves (3) key things:
    1-being realistic & ALLOWING 1 yr to reach GW 134#'s;
    2-j. craig FOOD PLAN ($$$ but I need structure-it's actually just balance &portion contol) with accountability (via logging in at MFP); and
    3-DAILY exercise via use of FitBitHR (now striving for 30mins cardio w/beginner strength training via handwts while walking &/or floor ab exercises-3 times wkly)
    ***Working so far: began 11/21/15!
  • etebbetts
    etebbetts Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm on board too! I've gained 65lbs over the last 3 years. I'd love to lose all of it, but I'll be very happy losing 50-55lbs. My husband and I are working toward a healthier lifestyle. We just started a week ago. Doing it together is so helpful. He doesn't need to lose any weight (he's actually trying to gain), so it's a little frustrating that he gets to eat more and I have to eat less, haha, but overall, it feels much easier than trying to lose weight on my own.

I'm trying to keep weight a secondary focus here - health first, with losing weight as a gradual bonus.

Im 24, 5'4, and this morning I weighed in at 196lbs (3.6lbs lost since starting last week... Motivating, but I know it's mostly bloat that makes the weight come off quickly in the first week or two of change). I would like to end up in the 140s eventually. 130s would be wonderful, but when I was in the 130s, I was working out intensely every day, so I feel like it's more about vanity than health to be in the 130s for me.

My husband and I have made a commitment to go to the gym for at least 30 minutes 3x a week. I'm trying to cook dinner most nights, cut back on eating out, and practice portion control. I'm also trying to get a better handle on when my body is satisfied, and practice defying the desire to stuff myself! Haha. I'm trying to get at least 5k steps in daily. I'm trying to start with small, achievable goals, and once they become habit, I can increase them over time. I think part of the reason I've failed in the past is that I try to set goals that are too difficult to reach on a daily basis. I'm the type of person who needs to exceed my goals constantly to feel ok, and if I don't, I generally quit.

I don't have a timeline for my weight loss, since I do want it to be secondary. Right now I'm focusing on losing at least .5lbs a week. Keeping it slow and steady. Knowing me, I will probably be closer to 1-1.5lbs a week, but I want to see .5lb loss weeks as a big win still and keep things realistic and slow. My first big goal is to reach 175lbs, but I'm not expecting to get there for a while. Also, I'm a size 14 right now, and every size I lose will be an awesome victory for me. In the future, I would like to maintain so that I'm always fitting into the single digits for sizes (4-8, most likely 6-8). I think 6 is my ideal living healthy size.

Wow, I ended up writing a novel! Sorry about that ;) I'm about to go take my dog for a walk - I think we're going to aim to do 3 miles today. Good luck ladies!
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm trying to lose between 60-80 pounds still. I'm 33, 5'2" and around 196
  • holly_roman
    holly_roman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    55lbs in 6 months will be hard as another poster said. not saying it isn't possible. It may very well be for you. I have seen a lot of people lose at a fast pace for several months. Just be ready in case you stall and don't give up. I have been on here for 3 months almost and I have lost 14lbs. I am 5'2 SW 246 CW 232. Fingers crossed in 6 months I can lose 30lbs! that is the first goal. add me! :-)
  • MsDaniG
    MsDaniG Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same stats as you mentioned and very similar goals. I would love to join you on this journey and help keep each other motivated. If you would like you can add me on here.
  • acarmella88
    acarmella88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    etebbetts wrote: »
    I'm on board too! I've gained 65lbs over the last 3 years. I'd love to lose all of it, but I'll be very happy losing 50-55lbs. My husband and I are working toward a healthier lifestyle. We just started a week ago. Doing it together is so helpful. He doesn't need to lose any weight (he's actually trying to gain), so it's a little frustrating that he gets to eat more and I have to eat less, haha, but overall, it feels much easier than trying to lose weight on my own.

I'm trying to keep weight a secondary focus here - health first, with losing weight as a gradual bonus.

Im 24, 5'4, and this morning I weighed in at 196lbs (3.6lbs lost since starting last week... Motivating, but I know it's mostly bloat that makes the weight come off quickly in the first week or two of change). I would like to end up in the 140s eventually. 130s would be wonderful, but when I was in the 130s, I was working out intensely every day, so I feel like it's more about vanity than health to be in the 130s for me.

My husband and I have made a commitment to go to the gym for at least 30 minutes 3x a week. I'm trying to cook dinner most nights, cut back on eating out, and practice portion control. I'm also trying to get a better handle on when my body is satisfied, and practice defying the desire to stuff myself! Haha. I'm trying to get at least 5k steps in daily. I'm trying to start with small, achievable goals, and once they become habit, I can increase them over time. I think part of the reason I've failed in the past is that I try to set goals that are too difficult to reach on a daily basis. I'm the type of person who needs to exceed my goals constantly to feel ok, and if I don't, I generally quit.

I don't have a timeline for my weight loss, since I do want it to be secondary. Right now I'm focusing on losing at least .5lbs a week. Keeping it slow and steady. Knowing me, I will probably be closer to 1-1.5lbs a week, but I want to see .5lb loss weeks as a big win still and keep things realistic and slow. My first big goal is to reach 175lbs, but I'm not expecting to get there for a while. Also, I'm a size 14 right now, and every size I lose will be an awesome victory for me. In the future, I would like to maintain so that I'm always fitting into the single digits for sizes (4-8, most likely 6-8). I think 6 is my ideal living healthy size.

Wow, I ended up writing a novel! Sorry about that ;) I'm about to go take my dog for a walk - I think we're going to aim to do 3 miles today. Good luck ladies!

I know what you mean about not feeling motivated if you aren't hitting goals! I'm the same way!
  • BabyMorena
    BabyMorena Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will love to be friend with you all!!! I'm 5'5 and 242sw around 238 right now I still have a long way to go- between 80-90 pounds to loose I will really appreciate to have friends with the same goal to support each other and still motivate. Thanks!!!
  • meghanmfitzgerald
    meghanmfitzgerald Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 1/2. I just hit my all time high of 180 and I need to get my life back in gear. I've been battling depression which has packed on the pounds. My goal is to get back to 120-125.
  • Holly414141
    Holly414141 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow, it's so awesome to meet other women the same size and same goals! I'm Holly and I want to loose 50 lbs. I am 5'4" and 207
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 181.5. Started 2 months ago at 193.

I want to get back in the 160's which I was 3 babies and a wedding ago. Or a size 8. Whichever comes first!

I'm starting to take measurements to help motivate me when the scale doesn't cooperate.

Lost 2 inches off my waist this month. 8-10 inches from belly to go. Would love to see a thinner torso. I've always had big legs- but they are firm so am less concerned. I know you can't spot loose, but my tummy measurements are my biggest issue.

• Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to loose the next 15 pounds by April. That will take me to 167. Then I will reevaluate and see if I want to rock into the 140's by end of summer.
  • mintchocolategirl
    mintchocolategirl Posts: 34 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Happy to join your journey! I'm 4'11" and have lost ~35 lbs over the last year with 3x that to still lose. It's been a slow journey for me. Like someone mentioned, when you are sedentary, it can be more difficult. I'm looking for motivation and support as well. While we each have our own journey, the support is really helpful! Good luck!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me!

5'3.5"
    SW: 251
    CW: 166
    GW: 135-140

Your goal is aggressive but doable. I find it better for me not to have a specific date set for my weight loss goals, but to each their own!