All i want for Christmas is..........................

Options
Ok people , bit of FITNESS :) related fun!! what with it being the festive time of year i have a couple of questions: A) if santa could bring you 3 fitness related presents , what would they be? B) What 3 fitness related goals do you want to achieve in 2016?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    1. The women's moderate KB package from Onnit.
    That's really it. Maybe the set of 12 kg KBs, or another 8kg to supplement the set. Maybe a new yoga mat. I have running shoes I like, but a new properly fitted pair would be nice. I pretty much have what I need, the KBs are my only "want" right now.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    This is fun but hard to narrow down. I keep a running list on Amazon of things I'd like to get for my home gym. My top 3 right now are:
    • Weight plates. I hit my 200 lb deadlift goal yesterday (yay!) and literally cannot add more weight to my bar at home because I have few heavy plates but a ton of 5 lb plates (see avi) so there's no more room.
    • Pull up bar that also has neutral hand grips
    • Pulley/pulldown attachments. This is kind of cheating because it's more than one thing but I found a set of attachments that includes a rope for face pulls, seated row handle, etc.

Fitness-related goals:
    • Get to the point where I can focus on building muscle. That sounds kind of vague but it's not really, for me. I lost weight last year and spent this year pretty much maintaining while building strength. My plan is to cut calories in early 2016 so that I can get down to a lean goal weight and then can just focus on eating/training to build muscle. I should get there by May.
    • I'm turning 40 in late July. I'm going to do this 40 workout strength program leading up to it. My goal will be to increase strength (obviously) but I can't say specific numbers since that's pretty far out right now (will start in late May.)
    • Increase my squat weight up to intermediate level. It is my most difficult/relatively weakest lift. I'm making good progress now, finally, and hope to really progress this next year.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My two front teeth! Just kidding. A home gym with all kinds of bells and whistles would be a great gift (along with somehow magically creating an extra room in my house to fit everything.) At some point I actually considered starting a gym business just to have access to all kinds of fitness items at all times but decided against it due to lack of demand in my area.

Now a realistic gift would be running shoes, a whole bunch of them. I tend to go through shoes pretty quickly because I'm much heavier than the average user. Gift number 2 would be a decent yoga class. None of that around my area which is sad. If santa could make that happen I would be very greatful. My third gift would be a right foot. I was born with 2 left feet and no rhythm, so no matter how much I wish I could learn dancing, beyond the chicken dance it's an uphill battle.

My three goals for this year would be to improve my running time, which has been on a standstill for nearly a year, to improve my balance, and to somehow start yoga although the info is so overwhelming it's hard to know where to start or where to go progression-wise.
  • tcthept1
    tcthept1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the replies folks, i'm guessing home gyms are in this year then eh haha.

as for your goals i am sure you wlll all smash them, all you need is the will to do it and the belief that you can
  • Bossladytrainer
    Bossladytrainer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Definitely more workout clothes and shoes!
    :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    tcthept1 wrote: »
    thanks for all the replies folks, i'm guessing home gyms are in this year then eh haha.

as for your goals i am sure you wlll all smash them, all you need is the will to do it and the belief that you can

We are waiting for your lists, you know.

patient1.gif
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I would love a tred mill/ elliptical. ..

I would want a barbell

And I want more weights....

Oh Santa.....I've been ever so good :smiley: ..**flutters eyelashes and grins**
  • tcthept1
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

We are waiting for your lists, you know.

patient1.gif

haha sorry...........A) Weighted vest, foam roller and garmin forerunner B) enter and run the Southampton,bournemouth and great south runs , drop more weight, hope that the youtube channel that my business is setting up is a success
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Get my shoulder range of motion back.
  • uwouldluvme2
    uwouldluvme2 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    All I want for Christmas is a new Polar watch!
  • tcthept1
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

sorry to hear john, what have you done?
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    A new set of plates for my weight set, new workout clothes, and a bench.

I want to run a 5k in 15-20 minutes and maybe start training for a half, do an unassisted (off the wall) hand stand, and be able to lift my body weight (I'm lifting less than half of that right now, 40 lbs, but I need more plates lol).
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    A few minutes with a few special people from my past...but knowing that won't happen:

a weighted vest
    a new HRM
    new lifting gloves (mine are in pieces!)
    some heavier KB's

And of course, Peace on Earth...and a cure for Cancer

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

sorry to hear john, what have you done?

35 years of being hunched over a computer at work has contributed to 6 shoulder operations. The combination of poor thoracic spine mobility and scar tissue does a number.

I've been traveling 3 hours each way every 3 months or so to work with one of the top sports movement people in the country. Making progress, but a long road.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Breakthrough PR on my Bench. Been stuck at 220 one rep max for forever it seems :(
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    #1- bench shirt. Pretty please?
    #2- lots of new wrist wraps. Use them so much that I need a new pair every 3-4 months
    #3- hitting a 100kg+ bench raw on the platform by the end of next year.
  • shd1976
    shd1976 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd like Santa to bring me a nice new gym bag, big enough to fit my junk in when I need to be presentable when leaving the gym. And maybe a pt session or two.

Goals for 2016 back to10k running fitness, and to stop being one of those girls who just does cardio. I'd live to do an obstacle race too.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    Options
    Ok people , bit of FITNESS :) related fun!! what with it being the festive time of year i have a couple of questions: A ) if santa could bring you 3 fitness related presents , what would they be? B ) What 3 fitness related goals do you want to achieve in 2016?

3 Fitness-related presents:
    -- treadmill
    -- rowing machine
    -- cycling shorts that fit and are comfortable over long distances. Mine are all too big and baggy now.

3 Fitness-related goals: B)
    -- cycle up Mt Wellington
    -- cycle at least one 200K randonnee
    -- cycle 1000 km in one month of the year

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Lifting belt
    Knee sleeves
    Move out of my tiny apartment, get a house and get my home gym back. Fighting for the squat rack blows.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I need some better winter riding gear...

- cycling booties so my feet don't need to thaw out for an hour after a ride
    - winter cycling gloves...the ones i have are more for fall and early spring
    - skull cap

2016 fitness goals

- get my cat v license
    - participate in at least 5 USAC sanctioned events
    - be a top 10 finisher in at least one of those events