any mums out here?

Options
I'm a full time mother of two young girls, I'm not always able to get out and about and can't attend gym as my youngest is only 2 months and needs me..all the time! lol I'm eating clean but I'm demotivated to work.out at home, I used to but I've fallen off track.

any advice mums? .. How do you get on with home workouts? x

Replies

• missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Get a double stroller and take the girls for a walk. My two-year-old son loves going on walks with me, although now he's getting to where he doesn't want to be in the stroller as much (he wants to walk with me like a big boy :) ). It's great bonding time, and can also help expose your little one to new words and sounds ("do you see the big tree?" ; "look at that red truck" ; "can you hear the dog barking?").
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    And as they get older it turns into a jog/sprint :# my 4 year old moves like lightning if he sees something shiny :P
  • klallstar
    klallstar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try "bikini body mommy". They are free workouts made by a mom for moms with limited time. I have been doing them since July. They are wonderful for busy mothers!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Walking is great exercise. Dust off that stroller. The mall is calling you.
  • prettysoul1908
    prettysoul1908 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    007lt wrote: »
    I'm a full time mother of two young girls, I'm not always able to get out and about and can't attend gym as my youngest is only 2 months and needs me..all the time! lol I'm eating clean but I'm demotivated to work.out at home, I used to but I've fallen off track.

any advice mums? .. How do you get on with home workouts? x

I understand your dilemma. I was in the exact predicament as a mom of twin girls. It took me being really unhappy with the way my body was beginning to look (lumpy) to dedicate myself to 530 am home workout sessions. Now I LOVE them and they energize my day. Is your youngest in a sleeping pattern yet? If not, you may want to try quick 10-15 minute workouts while she's resting. I suggest trying the app workout trainer by skimble or check out some youtube videos (I'm a big Jessica Smith fan).

• FieryR3dHead
    FieryR3dHead Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I've 3 children. My youngest being 12wks. When my older two have gone to school, I get home feed baby put her down for her morning nap & then do an exercise DVD. So far so good it's working well.
    Perhaps as others have said about a double stroller that's an idea. Or can someone watch the girls for an hour so you can fit some exercise in?
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I have 3 little boys and I homeschool the two oldest. The youngest is 2. I do my workouts at 5:30 in the morning when people are sleepily watching television on the couch.
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    HsoqSFf.jpg
  • rogerskiff
    rogerskiff Posts: 10 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It's hard but it takes 21 days to create or break a habit. I want to throw the towel in all the time but I keep telling myself if I stop now what am I teaching my children. I have a 19 month old daughter and a 5 week old little boy. Remember 80% of weightloss is diet. Don't cut calories but make them count and drink a ton of water. I do T25 and 21 day challenges to kick start my habits but do what you enjoy. It's your body so you know what works
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Where I live we get pretty brutal winters so we invested in a treadmill. I go on while my kids are napping and/or at school, or early in the morning, or after they go to bed at night. I know they're not for everyone and certainly not cheap but it's been a lifesaver for me!

I remember the clingy baby stage well, hope you're able to find some time to yourself :)