I weigh approx. 130 lbs and am looking for some motivational

Options
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to this website and haven't really posted anything before. I am in need of some support and advice. I am 21 years old and I have never been "overweight". I'm 5'2 and weigh approximately 120-130 lbs (it fluctuates). So I'm pretty much average. The only problem that I have is that I have a lot of extra pounds specifically around my waist, hips, and thighs. It is really frustrating because it seems like no matter what I do, I cannot for the life of me tone my body up. I'm so uncomfortable with my body and I know that I deserve to feel good about myself and that I deserve to be healthy. I was just looking for some advice from people on how they managed to lose those last few pounds to tone up. I'm also frustrated with my diet as well. I constantly crave the worst foods ever (I'm pretty sure EVERYONE struggles with this problem) and I over-eat. I've tried condensing into smaller meals several times a day, but my schedule is so crazy that I literally have no time to eat until i get home around 7 or 8 and by then i just eat, eat, and eat.Most of the time I do pretty good though, I eat a lot of chicken breast, tuna, cottage cheese, fruits, veggies, and I try to stay away from processed foods. But I still can't manage to get the body that I've always wanted. HELP ME!

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    yoga or pilates is good for that.
  • Madone993
    Madone993 Posts: 9
    Options
    Try getting into a sport like running or cycling. The cardio you go throw while doing this burns plenty of calories when you take the time to do it right and your body will naturally get lighter and leaner.
  • crispy1972
    Options
    For a second there I thought it was me who wrote this post. I am also 5' 2'' and my starting weight was 130 when I decided I wanted to just be thinner. I have the same problems you mentioned. Even after losing 11 pounds I STILL had what was left of fat on my body seriously clinging to my waist and hips. So, at 119lbs I decided to lower my fat percentage to 20% and really go after the fat in my diet and with my exercises. I am now sitting at 116 and FINALLY see a difference in my waistline. I am no expert and can only tell you what worked for me but I believe it was cutting my fat down that did it. Good luck!
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    toning is kind of a nonsensical term, all you can do is lose fat and gain muscle. I would recommend a weight training program because it doesn't seem like you need to lose a lot of weight, you just need to make what weight you do have look better. And don't worry, lifting weights won't turn you into some she-hulk, big muscles aren't something that sneak up on you.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    if you are craving sugars and carbs and you have belly fat you MAY have too much yeast in the gut. There may be other symptoms as well, such as gas, bloating, brain fog, headaches, and of course, everyone's favorite: difficulty losing weight.

Taking acidophilis / probiotics regularly will help some, but you can take charge to reduce your cravings by (I know this sounds gross, and it is, BUT IT WORKS), taking 2 T. UNFILTERED ORGANIC apple cider vinegar (such as Bragg's) 2 or 3x per day. The best way to do it as a shot and have a BIG glass of water ready to chase.

If you do that for a week or two, you will find a significant reduction in your cravings for sugar and carbs. You may also wish to follow a yeast-free diet for a few weeks, although it is quite restrictive.

As far as exercise, I highly recommend taking spin classes and/or cycling on the road. You will be amazed at your fat loss and muscle gain in a relatively short period of time. If you enjoy swimming, you may look at joining a Master (adult) swim team or club. Swimming is fantastic for overall strength and cardio fitness, as well as burning calories, but you must push -- I don't mean 2 laps of easy breast stroke (ha), so that's why I suggest swimming with a team that will push you.

blessings and best of luck.
  • sarahew415
    sarahew415 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the comments! I really appreciate all of your guy's advice and I will keep you updated on my progress!!
  • Slavic_Spice
    Slavic_Spice Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump