4 week workout plan (great for beginners!)

Options
Hey everybody! :)
Since it’s the winter holidays, where good food is just irresistible, I have decided to improve my health through exercising (because why wait till new years to start right?).

I am quite a newbie to exercising properly, so here is what it consists of:
- running routine (gradual progress towards 30mins)
- Abs, Legs, Arms focus workouts

Hope you guys like it and let’s get fit together!

imggctvhy2kz.jpg

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    cute, but when do you work chest and back?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    cute, but when do you work chest and back?

where's the myofascial release and flexibility work? #justsayinginjuriesarentfun
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Arm day looks like there's plenty of chest work with the pushups, not a lot of back so you do have her there.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I like your energy. I would follow a pro-designed program, to avoid the common newbie mistakes with self-designed routines. For weights, try NROL4W, FitnessBlender, or Nerd Fitness. For running, C25K is the standard. :+1:
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I like the "enjoy the endorphins" part ^^

Looks like you went through a lot of work to put together a program.
    Do you have some running/sports experience already? If not, the running progression might be a bit ambitious. Most people work up to 30 minutes of running over the course of 8-12 weeks. So if it turns out you can't meet the goals you set yourself, don't feel bad about it and go a bit easier.

In general, I agree with Cherimoose suggestion to have a look at some "professional" routines. But if you are exited to follow your own program for 4 weeks, you might still want to change "arm" to "upper body" and add some back exercises? Some ideas e.g. here: http://dailyburn.com/life/fitness/no-equipment-back-exercises/
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    where's the myofascial release and flexibility work? #justsayinginjuriesarentfun
    She did add 5 minutes of streching / cooldown do be done after every training.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Title is wrong. This is not a great program for beginners.
    But, since you are young and definitely sound enthusiastic, it might be a great program for you :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    where are the free weights..???

To any newbies looking into this thread, I would highly suggest that you look into strong lifts or all pro beginner routine...
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    agree with the others, much better following an already developed plan if you are new to all this!
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    This is obviously designed as a bodyweight program. Looks good to me. Not too much volume for a beginner.
  • IzyRocket2018
    IzyRocket2018 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the constructive feedback :)

I was slightly too ambitious and overestimated my abilities (but we all learn from mistakes right?). I have made some adjustments after 2 days because...ouchies my muscles ><

Apologies to anyone who might have felt mislead :( i hope no injuries have occured because of this.

Please please please read all of the comments above and only use my over-ambitious plan as a "inexperienced dream guideline" ><

Let's get fit SAFELY together!