Weekends r tuff, do u guys take day(s) off ?

Options
I do great during week, w, eating and working out, but kinda fall off on weekends, w/ food a little, but also liketo enjoy alcohol. Im still loosing weight though....

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    On the weekends I try to remain under my calorie goal, but I'll still "splurge" on my food/drinks by having some junk food maybe or alcohol. I'll just make sure to plan accordingly so I don't go over, or at least won't go over by much!
  • ironman1960
    Options
    I always relax a bit on weekends (1 of the days is a cheat day). Just dont overdo it with tons of calories or you'll defeat it's purpose. the concept is that a cheat day will kickstart your metabolism and help you lose weight while allowing you to eat a few things you enjoy without killing your diet. I lost 80 lbs this way and still enjoy my cheat day every Saturday. Eat whatever you want just limit the portions. Liquor is not a good choice, lots of calories, no nutrients and bad for you but pretty much everything else goes.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I relax a bit on weekends, especially Sundays. But now that DH is on board with losing weight it's a easier.
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have my official weigh-ins on Monday, which keeps me a little bit honest on weekends. And to make up for the bits where I just have to eat badly or drink, I work hard during the week so that I can still see a loss on the other end of my naughty weekends!
  • thatalchemistgirl
    Options
    I use to take weekends off, but I realized I was doing more damage then good. Plan your meals love.
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I have slipped up this past weekend. But, I think I need to stay within my calorie goal or all the work I put into my weight loss will be worthless.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It's not really weekends for me, but spending time with my boyfriend or family where there is tons of unhealthy eating going on!!! usually after a weekend like the terrible one I just had, I will go extra hard at the gym and be super conscious about what I'm eating. I hate that I'll be doing really good and then something like the above mentioned will throw me off. But you just have to keep going. I'm not really a fan of "cheat days" because I don't eat unhealthy like I used to anyways, so I'm not going to sit there and eat a huge pizza. But usually if I know I'll be having drinks one night I'll plan to spend more time at the gym or figure those extra calories into my day somehow.