Females binge eating struggling / recovered

Options
Any females who are or have struggled with binge eating want to be friends and support each other? I struggled seriously for 2 years and stopped over the past 6 months and have lost the 20lbs. I gained from binge eating. Would love support / to support other females.

Replies

• megisaloser
    megisaloser Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess! I just sent you a friend request. It's funny because I hardly EVER come to the message boards, but I did today because I needed some support with a serious snack attack out of nowhere.
  • Julz24257
    Julz24257 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have major issues with binge eating when I'm stressed... which lately seems to be all the time because of the holidays and trying to sell my house. How did you get away from these cravings without becoming a witch?! Lol. It seems to be all that keeps me calm sometimes!
  • colleenl1986
    colleenl1986 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im on the same boat!! People dont understand how bad and REAL binge eating is. I do great then BOOM one bad choice leads to eating so much til im miserable and one meal goes to all day which leads sometimes into multiple days. One day at a time!!
  • ashley2285
    ashley2285 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ive never come on the boards before although I've been on MFP for about 5 years off and on. Glad I did today. I have struggled with binge eating since I was 9. Although I haven't lost weight (the opposite actually) I haven't struggled in the past year or 2 because I haven't been doing the drastic yo-yo dieting. In the past few years I've graduated college as a single mother and have started a busy career. I've gained quite a bit of weight and have experienced some health related issues such as heart palitations, extreme fatigue, and back pain. I came on today because I don't have any friends who use MFP and was hoping to gain some new friends. Hope we can help each other!
  • sassbean
    sassbean Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes! All of this - I've been struggling and I'm not quite sure whether I should keep on trying to connect to other people on this, or go check out an OA meeting. The holidays always send me to crazy town.
  • bowsontoes
    bowsontoes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm with you - but still struggling. I always start out with good intentions, but lately it's been a daily occurrence. Logged back in here tonight after months off, so here's hoping I can get back on a good track.
  • KatrinaAlleyn
    KatrinaAlleyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Heya!!! My name is Kat. I have been struggling with binge eating for pretty much my entire life. My parents pretty much would bribe my brother and I with sweets and snacking was religion in my house. Now I'm 19, and I am the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I am over my goal weight by almost 100lbs and binge eating and a sedentary lifestyle is to blame. Unfortunately, I binge eat when I'm bored, when I am experiencing emotions, when I'm distracted, and when I'm hungry, as well as when I'm sick or when I am depressed. The binging needs to stop and moderation needs to be learned before I have kids. I don't want them to learn the same bad habits I did.
  • Lizzierose89
    Lizzierose89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also struggle with binge/emotional eating and have gained quite a bit of weight from this. I'd say at my worst I could binge up to 3 to 4 times a week. I am desperate to get out of this cycle and so far I have been binge free for the past 4 days now which may not seem a lot but that is a big success for me! I am determined to keep going. Feel free to add me would love to be friends with people who share the same experiences. :-)
  • amethyst1973
    amethyst1973 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am also a binge eater, or I restrict massively. Am hoping to break that cycle.

Well done lizzierosebee. 4 days is a great achievement.

Good luck to everyone else.
  • PearlGirl0521
    PearlGirl0521 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I forget to eat or put off eating until im starving then i will eat one gigantic meal usually at night. I hate this lol my goal is to eat 3 meals a day at the same time every day so my metabolism will heal
  • megisaloser
    megisaloser Posts: 17 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    To everyone struggling today, track what you ate, or what you can remember you ate, and tell yourself you can do without doing that again. Yesterday I ate three times as much as I usually do in the afternoon, until my stomach hurt from snacking. I tracked it to the best of my ability, and today I'm on track so far. I'm by no means an authority on the topic, but what has worked best for me and allowed me to lose weight for the past few months has been to allow myself to feel hunger, just for a little while. That's how I started, and I've been on track for the past 5 months with only a few slip-ups. If you're nervous and eating, or about to go for a snack you know you shouldn't have, ask yourself if you're really HUNGRY. If you're not, sit on your hands, do whatever it takes until the urge passes. Once you feel hunger and realized it's not that bad, you can deal with it if it happens! This is at least what has worked for me. When I realized that true hunger wouldn't hurt me, it was just a little sensation I had never allowed myself to feel before, I knew I could deal with it every once in a while and plan meals accordingly. Good luck everyone! I'm so glad I came to the message boards for this yesterday! I made a few new friends!
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I never acknowledged it until recently, but I dealt with binge eating since childhood. In the past 6 months, I have lost 40 pounds through calorie restriction and exercise. I struggled everyday to not go overboard. We had a holiday luncheon at work today and had 1 plate of food and a small plate of dessert. I am proud of myself because previously I would have loaded up on everything that was offered, despite if I really wanted it or not. The holidays are a time when bingeing rears its ugly head. I would love to have friends who understand this struggle as well.