Hell Yeah!!! The NSV I have been waiting for!

Options
2»

Replies

• nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Great NSV pal!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You are SO normal -- it is an unforgettable moment! Great Job!

I had a boss notice last year, and it was great! Then again, I'm thinking that maybe I was wearing my "big girl" pants and hitching them up at the time? ! ? :blushing:

I've also had people notice that there's something different. . . but they can't quite put their finger on it. I always smile at them and keep them guessing.

This time around, I had a co-worker notice the difference in my face. I was really happy, but what is it with that? I'm like, yeah, I'm exercising my face! LOL

And this time, I am actually FEELING thinner myself, which is the MOST awesome thing. I think sometimes we are our toughest critics and it's hard to see the changes. But when you do, it is the most awesome feeling.

Nope, you are not alone -- congrats on your success!
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I purposely didn't say anything to anyone at work that I was working to lose weight because I was curious when it would get commented on just on its own. It was about 2 months after I started and exactly at 30lbs lost when the first person came and asked me if I had been doing something. Shortly after that same day a few others came around asking about it. Guess they were waiting for the 1st person to bring it up. lol

Now a few weeks later I've lost a total of 40 and have people asking me for advice about losing weight since they know it's getting done without drugs and without any type of surgery or crazy fad diet.
  • glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My first one was a Mum at school, stopped me in the carpark and asked me what my secret was. I's only lost about 10kg at that stage.

The latest one, which really had me buzzing was my Mother In Law, she was overjoyed and so complimentary! It rocks.

I just wish we could bottle that feeling for the tough days!
  • Opusarlo
    Opusarlo Posts: 53
    Options
    your stories are all so awesome. That is one thing we all have in common so we all know how precious it is and how motivating.
  • michelle_8106
    michelle_8106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Its the best feeling EVER! My sister who I have not seen in a month or so.....I walked in to our moms house and she called me "skinny minnie".....I LOVED IT!
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    WTG! my boss too was the first to notice, and it was damn your *kitten* is smaller i can fit behind you now! he was talking about between our make line and oven i manage at a papa johns.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Good job!

My aunt carol noticed when I was at a bday party for my cousin. The first thing I asked was did you know I've been working on this or did you just notice. She just noticed. I was sooooo excited.
  • Opusarlo
    Opusarlo Posts: 53
    Options
    Good job!

My aunt carol noticed when I was at a bday party for my cousin. The first thing I asked was did you know I've been working on this or did you just notice. She just noticed. I was sooooo excited.

At 55lbs lost you have lost more than anyone who responded to this thread. Gratz to you - you are a champion
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It is such a great feeling to be noticed and complimented. Just to be recognized for all the hard work you put into being a more healthy you. Congrats on yours!! I started my journey about the same time I quit working in the kitchen at my kids' school back in January. I had worked there for almost 5 years. It was over the course of those 5 years that I started really putting the weight on. Summer time I would drop a little, but not all, then the next school year would start up and I just kept adding. School food is EVIL!!!!! Processed, fatty, loaded with carbs, pure EVIL....it is soooooo bad for you!!! It was addicting, it tasted so good, but I hated the way I looked and how my clothes fit. I thankfully saved all of my smaller items that I knew I wanted to wear again. Friends around me were starting to "diet" and I was seeing their results. I didn't want to be the "fat friend". So I jumped in. I knew it was different this time from all of the other times that I tried losing weight. I was making healthier decisions for not just myself but for my whole family. I literally became obsessed. I didn't find this site right away, but what an eye opener it was to see on paper what my caloric and carb intake was. I was thinking I was eating healthier, but what I was doing was starving myself. So, after almost 5 months I am as healthy, if not healthier, as I was when I got married, almost 18 years ago!!:drinker:

My compliment came from a friend of ours, whose wife is the one that had started losing weight and got the ball rolling for me. He came up to me and said, "I don't mean this in a creepy kind of way, but you are looking very skinny." It made me laugh...because how awkward it must have been for him to find the right words!!! It's a great feeling!!! I especially loved running in to the ladies I worked with at the school. Their faces were priceless :noway: !!! Congrats Arlo! I am sure that is just the first of many that you will receive :happy:
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I think the NSV's mean more to me than the scale (though I am a bit of a slave to the scale).

The one the meant the most to me was not the first, actually. About a month ago I was traveling on business and was boarding a plane. There was something blocking the aisle, so I was patiently waiting when one of the stewards comes up behind me and said, "Go on through honey, you're skinny." No one has EVER called me 'skinny'! I just about hugged him, but then thought better of it. haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!