Beachbody Workouts

Options
Hello everyone!!

To keep the main subject of my post short and sweet: Do you use Beachbody? What are your favorite workout programs? Have you seen success? How do you get involved in their community?

I have used Insanity, P90X, 21 Day Fix, and Combat. So far, the two programs I have had the most success and have been able to get into are 21 Day Fix and Combat. Some of the workouts from the others were way too hard for me, even with modifications. This made me feel so negative about my activity level that I would give up. I'm currently seeing success with Combat and am sticking to it!

I have been unable to get involved in the community aspect of Beachbody. Some of it is that I am unsure how. My coach is one of my best friends, but she is not as super involved as another one of my friends that is a coach. I would love to join any challenge groups!! :)

Looking forward to hearing from you!!

Replies

• jacquelinekyg
    jacquelinekyg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have you tried cize, Im not saying it easy especially on the first weeks but it's pretty easy to follow and super fun. Shaunt T is my favorite trainer I love the way he motivates me that's why I buy all of his workouts. I have insanity max30 aswell and it's the hardest workout that I have tried but they do have a modifier on that one though
  • TxLisa251
    TxLisa251 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of P90X3. It's only 30 minutes, 6 days a week. I don't think I could do P90X. I just do the workouts and count calories. I'm not into all the stuff they try to sell. I like the workouts though, and I'm losing weight, getting stronger, getting more flexible.
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Cize yet. I've heard good things about it! I have tried Shaun's Hip Hop Abs and absolutely hated it... He's obviously come a lot further since that!!! I liked insanity, but got bored with it.

I normally do not have to modify workouts, but when they're asking for pull-ups (P90X) or other things that I'm horrible at (Burpees), the modifier doesn't do much for me. I have a lot of weird issues with my knees and wrists. Example: Kneeling causes extreme pain from the pressure. I'm fine with lunges.
  • TxLisa251
    TxLisa251 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I can't do the pull ups either, but I hook bands over the door.
  • GenieBeanieChiliBeanie
    Options
    I do P90X and only "do my best and forget the rest" as Tony would say :-) I can't........oops - presently stuggle with pullups so I bought a body band that I hook around the pullup bar and it springs me up over the bar. I get you about the medical issues though, I get vertigo so I struggle with anything when I have to lower my head below waist level, I feel like I'm going to spin so I substitute wall pushups for dive bombers and pelvic thrusts for some of the other things I can't do because since the workout is sadly lacking in butt exercises which I need the most.
    I'd love an accountibility buddy - if anyone else does friend me
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I have P90X, P90X3, Insanity, Body Beast, and Chalean Extreme. Insanity was a great program to start with as you use your body weight and don't need a gym or equipment. P90X was great as it uses weights and cardio, Chalean helped me learn to lift using dumb bells and so did Body Beast. My all time favorite program was Body Beast. If you have a workout that your currently doing you can search the group section on MFP to find a challenge group on here. I had success with each program if I ate healthy and met my macro goals. The kitchen is just as important as your workouts.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    P90X, even after all the others that have come after, is still the definitive BeachBody workout in my opinion.
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've done slim in 6, power 90, yoga booty ballet, p90x, insanity, insanity Max 30, and 21dfx. I also have Combat which I'm eager to try.
  • cherrybomb333
    cherrybomb333 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X, P90X3, Insanity, PiYo, Combat and Pump. The Les Mills workouts are my favorite, but I also love Tony Horton and his dad jokes.

I never really got involved with the Beachbody community. I've joined a few groups and completed a few challenges on here, and it's been really good motivation. Good luck!
  • Beckylynn380
    Beckylynn380 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Body Beast and the 21Day Fix workouts. I just started The Master's Hammer and Chisel this week, and I'm thinking I've found my new favorite! I've had good experiences with all of the programs I've tried through Beachbody!
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    My favorites are Body Beast and the 21Day Fix workouts. I just started The Master's Hammer and Chisel this week, and I'm thinking I've found my new favorite! I've had good experiences with all of the programs I've tried through Beachbody!

Hi! I just ordered this program today! I originally ordered it last Friday but my order was cancelled for some reason :neutral: If I get it in time I want to start the Monday after Christmas otherwise I will probably start January 4th! I would love a friend that is also doing this program so we can help motivate each other and cheer each other on! I am so excited I already calculated my calories and containers needed for the program and have began writing out weekly meal plans! :smiley: Do you mind if I send you a friend request? :smile:
  • rosetigger
    rosetigger Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I am just learning how to be a coach. You need to sign up with a coach on the Beachbody site. Then you get your coach to sign you up to challenge groups on facebook. They will then keep you accountable and motivated. I have done Cize and P90. I find by the last level I have to quit and start from the beginning again. I tried not drinking the shakes and found I didn't lose any weight. I started the shakes and started to lose and then stopped working out. Need to try to do both. Also a clean eating challenge is always helpful. I will be trying the 3 day refresh in Jan.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I have p90x, 2, 3, clx, body beast, t25, insanity and now hammer and chisel. It got me into fitness and helped me get to my high school weight.

Their community is terrible and full of pseudoscience and if you refute it, it tends to lead to you getting warned or your stuff deleted. They wouldn't even allow post that link NIH studies to disprove other members. I linked one violating the meal frequently myth and got warned for it.

And dont bother with being a coach unless you enjoy going to your friends to ask for support. There are so many limitations to advertising that it makes it difficult to really make money and considering that 95% of mlm people lose money, the odds tend to be against you.
  • Shesaleo18
    Shesaleo18 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm half way through p90x for the 2nd time. The 1st time I made it to week 9. I like the workouts but hate that their so long. I don't have a pull up bar or bands so substitute with rows and reverse rows (that's what I googled to substitute anyway).
    I really want to see it through as I didn't the last time.
    Next is like to try either insanity or T25
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have done insanity and P90X3, love them both. don't have anything to do with 'beachbody' though.
  • ilovemycoffee19
    ilovemycoffee19 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I tried insanity, it's really good cardio workout.