My brutally honest post-relationship rant

Options
julietta_g
julietta_g Posts: 7 Member
edited December 2015 in Motivation and Support
I've always been pretty active, led a healthy lifestyle and ate consciously. In August, I left my ex, a narcissistic, roided out, typical "babe, am I getting smaller?

Replies

• julietta_g
    Options
    ... *kitten*... The type of guy who, no matter how amazing you look -will make you feel like you could have done better. So, as an F-You to him and the rest of the world - I said *kitten* it and began excessively indulging in processed junk food, no longer caring about my physical appearance. As a result, I've gained 15 pounds of fat and regardless of how hard I went at the gym -I saw my body changing dramatically, for the worse! So I downloaded this app in hopes of dropping the fat and gaining lean muscle. And the ex, well, I wish the best for him, but he can keep injecting steroids into his body and being a self-centered *kitten* all on his own.
    I don't even care about looking amazing, I just want to feel good and know that my actions show that I love myself instead of all the immense self hatred and criticism I have been inflicting on it. Thanks for reading you guys.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Screw him! Look at it this way, you've already lost at least 180lbs of useless flesh! ;)
  • julietta_g
    Options
    Hahahaha! Thank you, spot on!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    "Living well is the best revenge." You've got this!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Good riddance to bad rubbish! Fill your life with love and light. <3
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    You've got the right mindset! Congrats on your journey, I'm sure you will do well! :)
  • citylife624
    citylife624 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh hey, I had one of those guys! He's also an ex now and I ran into him about six months ago. "Wow, you look great!" he said. My response? "Actually I weigh more than I did when you first started calling me fat". People don't realize what they speak into existence.

Good for you! You got this!!!
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You go!
  • cupcakegoddess75
    cupcakegoddess75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Going through the same. I use his negativity as fuel for my fire! Best wishes! Xo
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    demo_man wrote: »
    Find a healthy relationship and never look back.

And remember that it's a million times better to be independent than in a bad relationship. I hesitate to use the word "alone" because we aren't alone just because we aren't in a relationship. We have family and friends and co-workers, etc.
  • julietta_g
    Options
    Thank you for all of your replies! I feel the support.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    A good man who truly loves you will never comment about your weight. Through 25 years of many ups and downs in my weight, my husband has never once mentioned it. If you encounter a man who makes derogatory comments about your weight or appearance, run for the hills! Life is too short to waste it on someone who doesn't appreciate you for you.
  • Negative_X
    Negative_X Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

And remember that it's a million times better to be independent than in a bad relationship. I hesitate to use the word "alone" because we aren't alone just because we aren't in a relationship. We have family and friends and co-workers, etc.

Strong this.^ And people underestimate how awesome it can be to be single & independent. Teaches you a lot about yourself.

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    such stress with someone like that. I had me one and you are never good enough. I have a good husband now of 23 years, what a difference. Be glad you are rid of him, they only think of themselves.
  • OkieFitness
    OkieFitness Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think one of the big red flags in a relationship is not to feel appreciated for who you are and what you contribute - assuming you've taken a step back and honestly self-accessed. But also remember, selfish, self-centered people rarely do that. They only B & M about things instead of looking in the mirror. Sounds like the ex qualifies! So forgettabouthim! Don't let his contagious negativity detract from you being you and the best you can be!
  • Skydancer35
    Skydancer35 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    A good man who truly loves you will never comment about your weight. Through 25 years of many ups and downs in my weight, my husband has never once mentioned it. If you encounter a man who makes derogatory comments about your weight or appearance, run for the hills! Life is too short to waste it on someone who doesn't appreciate you for you.
    I agree, My ex husband, all full of himself, emotionally abused me, He pinched my fat, he told me my clothes looked uncomfortable and tight on me. I had an eating disorder while I was with him. It was either exercise and dieting and weight loss pills, or overeating to self comfort the wounds he inflicted on me. I came to hate gyms and fit people because I wrongly thought all people who are in shape must be narcisistic jerks. But no, not all are, we are just trying to improve ourselves.
    I now have the most amazing and supportive boyfriend. I wonder why I couldnt have found him 11 years ago instead!! Good men exist, just have to enjoy the journey with yourself before that special someone shows up in your life.

• Skydancer35
    Skydancer35 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Screw him! Look at it this way, you've already lost at least 180lbs of useless flesh! ;)

this is epic, this is the best comeback lol too bad we cant say that to our ex's face lol