emkograecoegypt
emkograecoegypt Posts: 3 Member
edited December 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Iam eating when I feel bored how can I stop doing this

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Find something interesting to do and don't stop.

Substitute chewing on a toothpick for eating.

Wear a rubber band on your wrist and snap yourself every time you eat out of boredom.

Pre-log your food and only eat what's in your food diary.

Practice some awareness and self-control.

Those last two suggestions are my personal favorites.
  • Chaserichardson_2016
    Options
    Most people mistake thist for hunger try drinking water to get rid of that hunger
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Iam eating when I feel bored how can I stop doing this

I have the same problem. I've found playing games or reading to be a good distraction. Or I also play the piano. Something that keeps my hands and my mind busy.
  • emkograecoegypt
    emkograecoegypt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for replying
    so helpful
  • cute_n
    cute_n Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm trying not to keep my fav food at home :o
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Most people mistake thist for hunger try drinking water to get rid of that hunger

great post ^^^^ I found when I drank more I was eating quite a bit less
  • parkermom174
    parkermom174 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you ARE going to eat out of boredom make sure it is something that is low caloric yet packs a nutritional punch!! Try eating two fried eggs (but don't eat more than four yolks a week if you have cholesterol problems), or steamed broccoli and cauliflower! Yogurt is a great probiotic, but make sure that it is not loaded with sugar! Water is both nourishing and filling (sort of) yet is calorie free! You can add a little lemon, or some berries for a little flavor. The reason I say "sort of" is because water gives the feeling of satisfaction and being full with out actually BEING full. Water is good for curbing an appetite, but don't let it replace actual food and nutrients!

Hope you can kick the "boredom" habit, but if not- here is a way to minimize the negative and maximize your options.
  • sianlr87
    sianlr87 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I do this and find it hard to stop, especially when in work! At home it's been much easier - I've got a couple of adult colouring books and some puzzle books and do something out of one of them, by the time I'm finished I've usually forgotten about whatever it was I wanted to eat!
  • Lizzierose89
    Lizzierose89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Adult colouring books are a great idea! I also try to drink plenty of water through the day so I don't confuse thirst for hunger! :-)