Losing weight but not pants sizes?

Options
Just wondering if anyone has lost 30+ pounds and didn't see a change in their pant size ?
I've already lost 26 pounds and have seen a drop in my pant size but I just feel like I've been in size 11/12 forever. I'm currently 162 pounds and have a goal of 128 pounds so another 34 pounds to go

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I have lost 70+lbs and I can't seem to get under a size 14 of a particular brand I can't remember. :( They say the smaller you are, the longer it takes to drop a pant size.
  • GeddesFit
    GeddesFit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have lost 70+lbs and I can't seem to get under a size 14 of a particular brand I can't remember. :( They say the smaller you are, the longer it takes to drop a pant size.

How much do you currently weigh if you don't mind me asking ?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I go through sizes so quickly. I am constantly selling off clothes I barely wore. One pair of shorts cost me $45 and I never even wore them (which is my fault.)

If I could lose weight and never have to buy new clothes, I'd be delighted. I cannot wait to be done losing and just keep wearing clothes I like until they get old.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    GeddesFit wrote: »

How much do you currently weigh if you don't mind me asking ?

I'm around 188.
  • TiaGia101
    TiaGia101 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 10 and I have been from 130 lbs to almost 160lbs wearing the exact same pant size
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    GeddesFit wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has lost 30+ pounds and didn't see a change in their pant size ?
    I've already lost 26 pounds and have seen a drop in my pant size but I just feel like I've been in size 11/12 forever. I'm currently 162 pounds and have a goal of 128 pounds so another 34 pounds to go

I'm going to make a guess that the weight you've lost so far has been from parts of your body other than the waist, hips and thighs. Sadly, fat doesn't melt off evenly and those are generally the last places they cling on to.

• Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I think it depends where the weight comes off first. For me I've lost about 30lb and 2 pant sizes but I'm still carrying lots of fat on my hips. So if I lose more I can expect to drop another size, I hope! Just keep at it and the stubborn areas will eventually drop fat, I should think. It's a shame we can't chose where it comes off isn't it?!
  • Alex_or_Ben
    Alex_or_Ben Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    maybe wearing a belt would help you keep wearing the same pants/shorts longer?
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Not losing pants sizes tends to mean you're losing weight in a bunch of other places. Typically people will be buying new pants if their waist and/or lower abdomen get smaller. But you will lose weight all over so that 30+ pounds has come off your arms, chest, face, neck, upper back, calves, etc. Have you taken any measurements? You've probably lost inches along with those pounds. Even my wrists and ankles got smaller, and I didn't realize they'd gotten much bigger over the years!

Keep at it :)

~Lyssa
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I go through sizes so quickly. I am constantly selling off clothes I barely wore. One pair of shorts cost me $45 and I never even wore them (which is my fault.)

If I could lose weight and never have to buy new clothes, I'd be delighted. I cannot wait to be done losing and just keep wearing clothes I like until they get old.

No kidding eh? On my Wall of Remembrance: A rack of Christmas, birthday and holiday dresses, mostly worn once. Jeans and khakis that I dropped out of in a month. A pair of summer blouses, unworn, with the tags still on, that no longer fit. And people wonder why I buy my clothes now at the Salvation Army.
  • stormyview
    stormyview Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Larger sizes have more space between them, so you have to lose more to drop a size. Going from a 10 to an 8 took me more than 20 pounds, but now less than 5 pounds' change in weight would be a clothing size for me.
  • GeddesFit
    Options
    I wish we could pick where it came off lol. I did take measurements and have lost almost 8 inches off my arms, thighs, waist , hips, and chest. I just want to get to a size 6 or 8. I just hope these thunder thighs will let me. Lol
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I lost over 50 before I could go down a size and even then it really depends on the brand/style of the pants.
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes! The larger sizes seem to have a bigger gap between the sizes, which was a good way to kid myself that maybe I wasn't gaining too much weight because "I'm still fitting into the jeans I was wearing 3 years ago". Now that I've lost almost 20 pounds, I'm still in the jeans, but they are very loose.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Sadly in the same boat. Sometimes they feel really baggy but still fit -_-
    Pj bottoms are super baggy, sometimes falling off but yet still in same sizes.

Ugh
  • GeddesFit
    Options
    It sucks. I'm mostly wearing stretchy stuff right now because I don't want to be discouraged or anything but I do have a ways to go yet. I'm losing the inches too and I'm toning. I hit the gym 5x a week so I know that there is changes. I took pics about 2 weeks after starting and took them again yesterday and compared them and I can see a difference but my legs are still huge it seems even though I've lost an inch off each thigh.
  • ashmx250
    ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this thread! I've been wondering this about myself lately. I'm 5'5" and my starting weight was 164.8, 3 months later and I'm now 140. I started out in a 15/16 pants size. I've only bought one pair of new jeans since then and they are a 13/14. So I did loose a size but its so weird because I've read some women on myfitnesspal of around the same height weighing like in the 170's and wearing a smaller pants size than me! Jealous! lol. Another thing is that the size 15/16 pants still fit me too, a tad loose, and no muffin top at all, but still fit. Weird. Ive also been measuring and I've lost about 4.5" from the belly area. I think until I can loose another 10lbs or so, I'm going to stick with leggings and yoga pants lol!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I find this whole sizing issue weird. If I gain 5-7lbs I can expect to be uncomfortable in my current clothing. I'm 5'11 and teeter around 150-152. I'm a size 6-8 depending on brand. It only takes a few weeks off the "plan" to feel a difference.

But when I was a 14, I could be anywhere between 190 & 170 and still wear the 14. A comfortable size 12 didn't fit until I was 165. Hence why I NEVER thought I'd see a size 6 in my life. But when the sizes became smaller, I was dropping out of them quicker. At one time I was even buying 4's. I wasn't any less than 145.

I think it's all about how we are proportioned. And where we lose and gain easily. I gain weight it goes to my hips and stomach first. I lose weight and it comes off my upper body first.
  • jessmessmfp
    jessmessmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm short - 5'2 - but I completed changed - body-type wise with a 20lb drop. I went from being a size 10 on top/size 8 on bottom, to a size 2 on top and size 4-6 on bottom. I was first top heavy, and now I'm more pear-shaped. First thing to go was my boobs and upper body fat.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I'm down 40lb and 5 holes on my belt (1" each). However, I went from a size 34 to a size 32 (I might be able to fit a 31 now, but the 32's aren't baggy by any means). Part of that is forcing myself into a smaller size than I really was, and part is that those 34's were probably closer to 36's.

Anyways, it is probably a combination of losing it in other spots, and having improperly fitting pants to start with. Your best way of measuring size change is with a tape measure, not clothes.