Really, I need some friends

Options
I am working on losing 59 lbs. So, I am back here...again.

I just joined the Community Center to workout for $12/month. Can you believe that?

Anyway, I read a few years back online support helps with weight loss. It was true and a success for me when I was on ediets and lost 60lbs. Well, that was in 2004. I have no clue if it costs anything today.

But, myfitnesspal is free and I can really use the money. Also, it seems like any successful weight loss story, it seems like a lot of them use myfitnesspal.

So, lets be friends and introduce yourself. I am soon-to-be-50 and a mom. (Wife too!)

Replies

• sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi Peg-welcome back! You can add me as a friend-always need more! I just turned 50 this year-
  • FemmeFireRL
    FemmeFireRL Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm going on 42 in the spring - wifey and mom as well. Feel free to add me :smiley:
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    Hi peg2016! I am 27 years old and am a mom of 2 boys (6 and 7 months). I am currently working towards losing 44 lbs - I have some weight from my first pregnancy I was lazy about getting off and gained quite a bit with my recent pregnancy as well. Plus, a c-section makes getting your stomach back in shape a tad harder. I didn't have a c-section with my first pregnancy so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Anyhow, I do all my workouts in my home after I put the boys to bed. I find this is the best time for me to have "me time" and I also work a full time job during the day. I LOVE following home workout videos. I do not know a lot about different exercises you should be doing to maximize results so following a program helps take the guess work out of it for me.

Good luck on your journey! feel free to send me a friend request and we can help cheer each other on! :smiley:
  • peg2016
    peg2016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lesly_barrett_1209
    FemmeFireRL
    Sudmom

How long have been here and what led you to using myfitnesspal?
  • FemmeFireRL
    FemmeFireRL Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've been here off and on for a few years. This year's been so full of life changing events. I figure it's time to utilize this great tool (again) to take control and keep track of my progress. PS, I'm loving my 40's!
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    20 pounds down 70 to go, I am a great cheerleader! You can do it.
    Rob
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    40+ here. If you like to log and make progress, add me!
  • peg2016
    Options
    I've been here off and on for a few years. This year's been so full of life changing events. I figure it's time to utilize this great tool (again) to take control and keep track of my progress. PS, I'm loving my 40's!

It's great meeting you here! Control, that's what I needed badly. LOL
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hi Peg...Welcome back ..... I will be 45 in a few weeks ...Single mom to a beautiful 10 year old daughter whom I homeschool ....Feel free to add me ....wishing you much success :)
  • peg2016
    Options
    Rdsgoal16 wrote: »
    20 pounds down 70 to go, I am a great cheerleader! You can do it.
    Rob

Thanks so much for being a buddy. Nice work on the 20lb loss yourself.
  • peg2016
    Options
    40+ here. If you like to log and make progress, add me!

Just added you. Your profile pic looks very encouraging to me. I need encouragement.
  • Lizzierose89
    Lizzierose89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! feel free to add me :-)
  • Alinamariec
    Alinamariec Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can always add me! I need motivating too!
  • JDiane55
    JDiane55 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Peg we all need support you can add me !
  • tanyajensen75
    tanyajensen75 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I also need friends! feel free to add me, we can motivate each other!
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 51 and 49lbs down with the help of MFP, another 51lbs to go! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • julieann1215
    julieann1215 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Peg. Welcome back. I'm new to MFP, but am loving it. It is so great to have a good tool to use and make great friends to help and who are there when we need them as well.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You go fruit yourself.
  • peg2016
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    You go fruit yourself.

omg! Freelee the Banana girl says that! Crack me up! Fruit is actually great for you!
  • vivimarie2015
    vivimarie2015 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm just re-joining and could really use some friends.