Free or Premium

Options
Am thinking of upgrading to Premium. Opinions please. Is it worth it?

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it but the marginal benefit you receive for 10 dollars a month is not worth it IMO.
  • Traveling_Kimw
    Traveling_Kimw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I was thinking of doing the annual fee but wanted feedback. I appreciate it!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    How long have you been using the site?
  • Traveling_Kimw
    Options
    Just left weight watchers and started this week.
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,709 Member
    Options
    I'd go with this for a bit to see how it goes. It may be all you need.
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I would stick with the free though I have not paid for premium as I didnt feel the cost justified the additional features. I would highly suggest continuing to take advantage of the supportive community and various groups here, lots of good info and friends. When I need a little pick-me-up, I read the success stories or look at NSVs (Non-Scale Victories) for motivation to keep on course.
  • Traveling_Kimw
    Options
    Thanks. I tend to worry about the carb/protein/ fat ratios but don't want to pay for something that won't help tell me what I need
  • metalchic72
    metalchic72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    kkibbles wrote: »
    Just left weight watchers and started this week.

Me too!! Amazing how many of us there are here with the new plan and tech issues.
  • Traveling_Kimw
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. I think it will be good for me to shake things up. My complacency got me into trouble
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I think use the free for a while before you decide. Really, the premium just gets you macros you can set by the gram (the free still allows you to set by percentage), and the ability to have different goals per day.

Most, if not all of the glitches on the free are still on the premium (barring adverts), and people have complained that things like the 'premium content' wasn't been updated in 6 months and consists of a few recipes which are available to free users anyway.
  • Traveling_Kimw
    Options
    Great info. Thanks !!!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I use premium, but for me:

a) I really like different goals per day
    b) I really like being able to log exercise without it updating my goal, since I do a TDEE method,
    c) I really want to support the product that has helped me with my most successful weight loss effort in more than a decade.
  • joannedawn2015
    joannedawn2015 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've left weight watchers as well. So far this is much better only day 1 but good so far
  • Traveling_Kimw
    Options
    I've left weight watchers as well. So far this is much better only day 1 but good so far

I have been doing this for 5 days. Very easy! Best of luck!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I would not pay for a site that has as many bugs as MFP does. Additionally, I don't see the benefit of premium as you can track everything on the free version that you can on the premium version ..

You can track your macros in grams on the free version you just have to calculate them and put them in as percentages..not that difficult..