6 pack abs

Options
I'm starting to wonder if I will every have a flat stomach. I have had 3 procedures to remove fibroid tumors, and I have heard that my stomach muscles may never be tight. I usually try and do 150-200 sit up, but no major results are being produced. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is my major area of concern.

Replies

• The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Do you have any idea your % body fat?
  • rosylan
    rosylan Posts: 5
    Options
    I measured it a week ago and according to the machine my body fat % was in range for my height, weight and age. I think it was between 23-25%
  • nudacris
    nudacris Posts: 25
    Options
    i've read that guys need 6%-10% BF and women need 10%-16% to show their abs. although the_saint's 11% is looking pretty ripped lol. "abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym"
  • rosylan
    Options
    Ab exercises are doing wonders for my love handles, but not so much for my stomach. I guess I need to keep at. I was told to try and detoxic treatment and see if it's bloating from water.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    generally female atheletes are 14-20%, 21-24% for fitness... essential fat for females is about 10-12% which is getting a little low in my opinion.
    acceptable BF is 25-31%
    ----

remember drink more water...water is important for your 6 pack mission.

fat loss comes with weight loss...you cant target an area for fat loss such as your mid area. its an overall thing
  • rosylan
    Options
    Thxs