Losing weight but not pants sizes?

Options
2»

Replies

• mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    [quote= They say the smaller you are, the longer it takes to drop a pant size.[/quote]

Actually, I have always heard the opposite - sizes 4, 6, and 8 are very close together and you can easily go from one to another with just a few pounds. Sizes 12, 14, 16 are much farther apart and not at all interchangeable.
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have done a full body measurement from the beginning (neck, waist, hips, etc), I am down 20 pounds and pant size is the same but I am being told my face looks thinner, I lost my neck etc. I am hoping the next 20 I lose some waist inches.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    ashmx250 wrote: »
    I'm glad I found this thread! I've been wondering this about myself lately. I'm 5'5" and my starting weight was 164.8, 3 months later and I'm now 140. I started out in a 15/16 pants size. I've only bought one pair of new jeans since then and they are a 13/14. So I did loose a size but its so weird because I've read some women on myfitnesspal of around the same height weighing like in the 170's and wearing a smaller pants size than me! Jealous! lol. Another thing is that the size 15/16 pants still fit me too, a tad loose, and no muffin top at all, but still fit. Weird. Ive also been measuring and I've lost about 4.5" from the belly area. I think until I can loose another 10lbs or so, I'm going to stick with leggings and yoga pants lol!

Do you weight train? Many times those that weigh more but wear smaller sizes tend to as muscle takes up less space than fat. I weigh 176 at 5'7 and I wear a size 10. I weight train as well.
  • holly_roman
    holly_roman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I guess I never thought of it. I started at 246 and from 215-246 I fit into an 18/20. But from 200 down to 160 I fit in a 12, from past experience. Fit nicely too..not loose or anything. Wonder if my body comp will change with this wieght loss.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    [quote= They say the smaller you are, the longer it takes to drop a pant size.

Actually, I have always heard the opposite - sizes 4, 6, and 8 are very close together and you can easily go from one to another with just a few pounds. Sizes 12, 14, 16 are much farther apart and not at all interchangeable.[/quote]

It probably takes about the same amount of time. It can take a month to lose a lb when you're already lean (plus any tiny slip-up wipes out your deficit). In that same month you could lose 8 lbs if you are sufficiently heavy.
  • ashmx250
    ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ashmx250 wrote: »
    I'm glad I found this thread! I've been wondering this about myself lately. I'm 5'5" and my starting weight was 164.8, 3 months later and I'm now 140. I started out in a 15/16 pants size. I've only bought one pair of new jeans since then and they are a 13/14. So I did loose a size but its so weird because I've read some women on myfitnesspal of around the same height weighing like in the 170's and wearing a smaller pants size than me! Jealous! lol. Another thing is that the size 15/16 pants still fit me too, a tad loose, and no muffin top at all, but still fit. Weird. Ive also been measuring and I've lost about 4.5" from the belly area. I think until I can loose another 10lbs or so, I'm going to stick with leggings and yoga pants lol!

Do you weight train? Many times those that weigh more but wear smaller sizes tend to as muscle takes up less space than fat. I weigh 176 at 5'7 and I wear a size 10. I weight train as well.

I do anywhere from 30-45 minutes of HIIT per day, 6-7 days a week, with weights. The weights I use each day are anywhere form 4 lbs up to 12 lbs. So, I guess I am by no means lifting heavy or anything. I did notice that I have thinned out mostly in my face, arms, shoulders, legs, and waist first and while my lower abdomen has definitely been loosing inches, it is still the the one area I feel needs the most work.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm 70lbs down, 5'4", and have only dropped 2 pants sizes in jeans. It's really frustrating sometimes. I take comparison pics when I'm getting down on myself, and I try on my favorite jeans when I was 262 to motivate myself. I take measurements regularly, and it helps to see that I'm almost in double digits for inches lost around my waist at hips. It helps. But it still gets frustrating that I'm still only in 17/18.

On the other hand, I've gone from 2x scrubs to a L top and bottom.

Thanks to the girls, I doubt I'll ever be less than a large top. I've been fortunate enough that in 70lbs, I have lost very little in the bust, its mostly in the diameter of my chest.