Stuck! Help!

Options
Help! Last February I joined the gym, hired a personal trainer for a few months and have continued to go to circuit training classes at least 3 times a week since February. I've gone from the basic training class to the hardest class the gym has to offer that I had to try out for! But I did it and made it.
I've been on a 1200-1300 cal diet that entire time and I very very rarely cheat.
My problem- I stopped losing weight! I've lost a total of 30#, but I've been stuck at my current weight for a couple of months now.
Is this normal?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How accurate is your calorie counting? do you use a food scale? How do you calculate your calorie burns?
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements? I lose pounds slowly but I've lost a ton of inches from exercise.
  • zorahgail
    zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @RitaMetsch congrats on your progress! I'm wondering if your weight has stalled because calories might be too low. You mentioned going from the basic circuit training class to the hardest one (awesome!). Your body might be "hoarding" weight since you're working out harder.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    RitaMetsch wrote: »
    Help! Last February I joined the gym, hired a personal trainer for a few months and have continued to go to circuit training classes at least 3 times a week since February. I've gone from the basic training class to the hardest class the gym has to offer that I had to try out for! But I did it and made it.
    I've been on a 1200-1300 cal diet that entire time and I very very rarely cheat.
    My problem- I stopped losing weight! I've lost a total of 30#, but I've been stuck at my current weight for a couple of months now.
    Is this normal?

Rita, with 6 pounds left to lose, your rate of loss will probably naturally be quite slow. Unless you are very petite, you should be losing on 1200-1300 calories though. Definitely use a food scale. Maybe read my post here and see if there are any tweaks you need to make. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside#latest
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    And here is why you need a food scale...

https://youtu.be/XpHykP6e_Uk
  • RitaMetsch
    RitaMetsch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    RitaMetsch wrote: »
    Is this normal?

I read everyone's great advice aND bought a digital food scale.