What's your favorite pregnant meal?

Options
I'm pregnant and having trouble reaching my protien goal per day(70+ grams)...along with potassium and all the types of vitamins needed. I am taking a raw whole food prenatal however, it's suppose to be taken 3 times a day(at each meal) and I'm having trouble remembering to take it that many times as I am having trouble having 3 good meals a day.

I think my food imagination has left me due to morning sickness. I woukd love to know your favorite healthy meals you had while pregnant! Thanks!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I craved spaghetti when I was pregnant. We probably had it for dinner 4+ nights a week. I would plan something else and then call my husband right before I left work "How does spaghetti sound?" Thank goodness he likes spaghetti. He even brought me some in the hospital after I had her.
  • hookahbinx
    hookahbinx Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Chili cheese fries
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Pasta. Pregnant or not pregnant I love any type of pasta :)
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I wanted peach ice cream all the time.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Ha, when I was pregnant I craved 3 things:
    1) Strawberry smoothies
    2) Salad with gorgonzola, craisins and nuts/seeds with or without chicken
    3) Ramen noodles made with RIDICULOUS amounts of sriracha in the broth while it cooks.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Well, this was NOT health food, but when I was pregnant, I always had a Jr bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's the days I was working. I guess I was needing the iron/protein/calcium and fats (I had difficulty gaining enough weight!)
    I should have kept a tally of how many I ate!
    How things change...these days I only have to look at one to gain lol
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I craved spaghetti when I was pregnant. We probably had it for dinner 4+ nights a week. I would plan something else and then call my husband right before I left work "How does spaghetti sound?" Thank goodness he likes spaghetti. He even brought me some in the hospital after I had her.
    That's awesome!!!
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    With my last pregnancy I craved grapes, coconut and Greek salad.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Cottage cheese with lots of fruit like pineapple on it. I knew my babies needed the nutrition.
    Set all 3 pills out on your countertop every morning first thing.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    With my last one, I craved corn dogs.
    Now, the smell of them makes me sick now.

I would eat quest bars and drink protein shakes to get my protein in -- especially when I was feeling sick all the time.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I craved cobb salad when I was pregnant.
  • VeronicaanddMatt0605
    Options
    Cottage cheese and or yogurt with fruit lots and lots of fruit
  • lizetrombley
    lizetrombley Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Lol i was sick for 8 months (baby came month early). I lived on crackers with cheese, tomato and pickles ! Only thing i was able to keep down :-). Enjoy your pregnancy !
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I loved chocolate milk and anything with nutella, but you said healthy :). So I guess Mexican food, tacos and quesadillas usually!
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I loved picked jalapeños and jarred pepperoncini peppers. I'd find any way to sneak them into recipes or I'd just eat them out of the jar. Something about the salt, spice and vinegar. I guess they are technically veggies..... But the sodium content is pretty high.
  • EmmaDetermined
    EmmaDetermined Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much what I normally eat, but I have been trying to up my protein intake so I have lots of egg (breakfast - with a bit of avocado) and then usually fish for lunch and chicken/beef for dinner. All followed by lots of fruit which I cannot seem to get enough of, especially mango.
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant, I had a serious aversion to meat, with one exception!! - I always wanted Chinese food. :)
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I craved ice the entire time( I have an iron deficiency ) and had really bad morning sickness . I had more food aversions than anything...frankly, I feel I was jip out of my pregnancy experience...lol
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    you all sound like me, daily.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    With my first pregnancy I craved apples. all. the. time. I was so tired during my 2nd pregnancy that I don't think I had time to crave anything (my kids are 20 months apart - found out I was pregnant with the 2nd child on the 1st child's first birthday!).

Ask your doctor to suggest another prenatal vitamin that you can take once a day (or if you can take all 3 of the ones you have all at once, or if you really NEED to take them with a meal). Not everyone agrees, but I think it's very important that you take the vitamins every day. Set a timer on your phone to remind you.

Try adding wheat germ to whatever it is you're managing to eat. 6 grams of protein per ounce of wheat germ. Try it mixed into ground beef for burgers or meatloaf and you won't even notice it. Here's a site with lots of wheat germ recipes. http://www.kretschmer.com/recipes