need to lose 30lb? lets do it together!

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this and I need some friends. Im 23, stay at home mom. I was 120lb all throw my teen years, got married had a beautiful Baby and gained weight like crazy. I'm 155lbs now and I'm ready for a life style, healthy change. Please join me and we can talk! Share or success and failures taking one day at a time. I don't want to be all talk and all I wish I was, anymore! My first goul is to lose 10lbs by the end of January. What do you say? :)

Replies

• ecbennett09
    ecbennett09 Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hey Rebecca! I'm in the very same boat, I was 125lbs all through high school- then college hit, a break up of 5years hit, and lots of stress took an insane toll. I'm currently 157lbs and feel awful. I want to lose 30lbs asap! I say lets do it.
  • rebeccapaquetteplus2
    Options
    Yay! Sorry to hear about your tough times, but lets not let them set you back! Mind if I add you friend?
  • ecbennett09
    ecbennett09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not at all!
  • HarleighzMom
    HarleighzMom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Rebecca! I am with you. My healthy weight is 140, so I need to lose 30 pounds too. I lost the same 30 pounds using MFP a couple of years ago, and then hurt my back. I got depressed, stopped moving, started eating too much of the wrong things, and became a smoker again. I woke up yesterday morning feeling horrible and decided I can't do it anymore. Looking forward to the awesome support of those working towards the same goals!
  • itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I always welcome new friends and health buddies!
    I started on MFP a little over a year ago and lost 40 lbs. I maintained that weight loss through the summer and now I am determined to lose the last 30 lbs to return to the weight I was before my thyroid problems started.
  • rebeccapaquetteplus2
    Options
    Wow impressive! Look forward to seeing what you accomplish next :)
  • tanyajensen75
    tanyajensen75 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was 130 before my pregnancy. Between my son and my love of food, I gained a lot of weight. :) I am trying to lose 50 I am at 180. Feel free to add me! I suck at this weight loss thing. I get discouraged and fall back into my old ways of eating. Not this time!
  • born2transform
    born2transform Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar position. I am 155, but my healthy weight is around 135. Ive hit a plateau but I'm determined to lose the rest!
  • loveyousharon
    loveyousharon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Omg!!! I can't believe we are on the same boat. I have lost 5.4 kg so far and started at 150lb, now really would love to hit 60kg before 2016 arrives or early Jan
  • rebeccapaquetteplus2
    Options
    Great! Can't do this alone, so glad your in!
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi Rebecca. Very similar (except for age!). Was naturally 115-120 'til my mid-30's. Went up to 138 lbs during pregnancy and back down to 125 three weeks later and eventually to 120 lbs. Started gaining when I hit 40, tried off and on to lose (nearly starving myself down to 117 lbs in 2012), and in August of this year, at the age of 45, I hit my highest ever at 154 lbs. I started MFP (again) on August 30, with a plan to make sustainable lifestyle changes that would lead me back to a realistic weight of 125 lbs (120 would be pushing it). So far I've averaged a loss of just under 1 lb per week (17 lbs lost so far), by eating healthy, feeling satisfied, walking, doing Pilates 2x a week and trying to get a good night's sleep. I hope to achieve my goal weight in March or April. Logging everything on MFP, getting support from pals here, and establishing a trend weight have been really, really motivational. Will send you a friend request. PS you can do this!!!!!
  • xXxWhitneyxXx
    xXxWhitneyxXx Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom of two boys, also was 120-140 pounds through high school and my teen years but after having kids I gained a lot of weight. 170 pounds now looking to lose about 40 pounds, feel free to add me!
  • rebeccapaquetteplus2
    Options
    Awesome! I'm glad you are doing this in a healthy way and making progress. :) glad to be your support!
  • jenniator
    jenniator Posts: 475 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 23 years old :) Seems like I was the heaviest so far. I started my journey May 25, 2014 and I was 240.3 pounds :( The heaviest I've ever been! I've always been severely overweight/obese growing up and I was tired of it. So I decided to make a change. I lost 75 pounds since then. Today I'm 165.3 pounds and I have 35.3 pounds left until I'm 130 pounds (My goal weight)! I can't remember a time I've been this light and it feels amazing. I would love to be any of your friends! Feel free to add me if you do :) It would be great to have support and be able to give it back.
  • abkma
    abkma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom of two boys, also was 120-140 pounds through high school and my teen years but after having kids I gained a lot of weight. 170 pounds now looking to lose about 40 pounds, feel free to add me!

Hi my name is Isabel. I have always been chubby. Now I am fat. I weigh 172. Monday 12-14-2015 I started MFP yet again. I have lost 10 pounds (pretty sure it's water weight). I NEED SUPPORT because I usually crash into the 3rd week. I am trying hard to keep from falling. It seems difficult with my hubbys grocery buys. He loves junk good.
  • rebeccapaquetteplus2
    Options
    Don't worry we got your back! I'll add you.
  • shareces
    shareces Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar position. I am 155, but my healthy weight is around 135. Ive hit a plateau but I'm determined to lose the rest!
    Me too! Working really hard now on getting down to 130 from 155

• shareces
    shareces Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Has any tried jump starting their weightloss with the 3 day military diet? I worked for me...lost 4 lbs in 3 days and got really focused again. Now I'm back to 155 and need to get to 130
  • lesliejones1313
    lesliejones1313 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We all need motivation! All can add me.