Ok I made a big , big mistake last night .

Options
last night we were out and it was late and everywhere was closed , I hadnt ate since 12 noon and it was 8:30 and The only place open was a pizza king . We as a family ate wrong , but I slipped badly and prob ate a half a days calories or more . I am so depressed and feel like I am doomed now . I feel bloated this morning and so depressed . Also this week has been a bad week, I fell on the hard concrete in a parking lot of a shell gas station and have been too sore to walk or work out and then I eat wrong . :cry: Thats how I feel right now. I need yalls prayers that I dont fall off thewagon and that I wont gain this week and cause me to quit , I want this so bad and Im only human . I just feel like crying in a room all by myself. God bless ya all.

Replies

• bigjug1967
    Options
    last night we were out and it was late and everywhere was closed , I hadnt ate since 12 noon and it was 8:30 and The only place open was a pizza king . We as a family ate wrong , but I slipped badly and prob ate a half a days calories or more . I am so depressed and feel like I am doomed now . I feel bloated this morning and so depressed . Also this week has been a bad week, I fell on the hard concrete in a parking lot of a shell gas station and have been too sore to walk or work out and then I eat wrong . :cry: Thats how I feel right now. I need yalls prayers that I dont fall off thewagon and that I wont gain this week and cause me to quit , I want this so bad and Im only human . I just feel like crying in a room all by myself. God bless ya all.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. We all have moments sometimes even weeks like that. I ate a bacon/cheeseburger and other bad stuff last week. I did gain but I know why. So I take that knowledge and use it to not let it happen again. If it happens again then I just know I have to work harder the following week.

DO NOT GIVE UP!!!

Just get back on track today or tomorrow. Work out when you're body is healed and ready. Just because you can't work out doesn't mean you can't eat right.

We're all here for you. You can do this!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • twink3110
    Options
    Hey, Hey, its not that bad!! Stuff happens, we fall on the ground and off the wagon sometimes and in your case both at the same time can happen too. You take it easy until you feel better from the physical fall on the cement and in the mean time get prepared for eating healthy again. Get the food you need and have it on hand and just start right back in. The trick is never to let yourself get as hungry as you did that night, but, it happens, we aren't always prepared. You did so good last week, just remember how wonderful that felt!! And go after that feeling again. Good luck, I'm sure you can do it!!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! If we were perfect we wouldn't be in the situation we are with our weight. We are all going to trip up but you just get right back on track and keep going.

It's not that you fall down on the journey, it's whether or not you pick yourself back up and try again that matters.

You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    Why is it you can have one bad day and gain weight from it , I weigh in on monday evening and I am sooooooo scared to do it . I am so glad I have friends to lean on though . God bless ya all ...
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Its all right to make mistakes everry now and again, it is actually good for weight loss. It confuses you body and gets your metablism up. But dont eat like that all the time or you will gain weight. I have had times like that, but I am ok from it, I have lost 60 lbs in 7 months. Make sure next time you have plenty of healthy food at home so you wont have to make that decision often. And again if you ever gain weight for any reason dont give up, you will probably gain weight even if you do everything you are supposed to that week, our bodies are very weird sometimes and will feel like it needs to hold onto the extra fat. We are genetically supposed to that, since 200 years ago, you could go a week without hardly anything to eat and still survive. What I am trying to tell you that you will have ups and downs through your weightloss journey, no one ever said it was going to be easy, if that was true, no one would be overweight! RIGHT???

By the way, exercise is great, but not esscential to weight loss. Eating right is 80 % and exercise is 20% of weightloss. Just a helpful hint, that is also why you can see someone work their a** off at the gym everyday and still not lose hardly anything, b/c they are not eating right
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Why is it you can have one bad day and gain weight from it , I weigh in on monday evening and I am sooooooo scared to do it . I am so glad I have friends to lean on though . God bless ya all ...

Ahhhhhhhhh you so FAR from doomed my man. Far from it. re-group and "tomorrow's another day" :wink:
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    I would do almost anything to be thin again or just chunky. lol 365 lbs hits hard on cement and my ribs and neck and back and shoulder is soooooooo sore ,I dont want to ever fall again , plus I was so :embarassed:
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    Ya and I am so scared to see what tommorow brings. I am a man with alot of emotional issues , My mom says I have allways been a caring emotional person even as a child. I just want to feel good about my body for a change , I mean I am so scared to what my future brings , and I am scared what may happen if this dont work . Please pray for me , God bless ya all.
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh to help woth the pain, I use 4 IB prophin. The dr told me that instead of a perscription, over the counter kind would be cheaper. Take 4 every 6 hours for 4 days and it will help, I promise. I have bad back pain and it helps and allows me to do the workouts I need to. But dont take them longer than 4 days, if you are still in pain it is something else and you need to go get checked out by a dr.
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hey, we all do it! I ate 1600+ calories of pizza at once the other night. And what I did the next day was do 2 workouts instead of one, but that didn't even come close to burning the excess calories. And despite that slip-up I'm STILL losing - I lost another .8 lbs since Monday.
    Please just look at what you're doing RIGHT NOW, and ask yourself, is this the person I want to be? It's easy to deal with RIGHT NOW and not last night, or next week. Just keep going. We're all here for you and you WILL be able to reach your goals. You will NOT be the weight you are for much longer, I promise. Keep up the good work and move on.
    :smile:
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    Depending on where the pain is, exercise the other part. If your back or legs or butt hurt, do arms. You're human, you're SUPPOSED to make mistakes. I always say, if I don't make a mistake, I'm not trying hard enough! This isn't a quick fix, it's a lifestyle change. Just keep your chin up and keep going.
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    And hey - I just noticed you've lost 15 pounds and you just started in January. THAT'S AWESOME! That's how to do it - one pound at a time, little by little. You're doing great. Keep up the good work!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    You can turn this to a positive.

Think of the next time that you're offered pizza. Remember how physically bad this made you feel.

AND

it's just one meal. You probably feel bloaty from all the junk that's in pizza (refined flour, sodium and sometimes sugar).

Just keep moving forward.:flowerforyou:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    And hey - I just noticed you've lost 15 pounds and you just started in January. THAT'S AWESOME! That's how to do it - one pound at a time, little by little. You're doing great. Keep up the good work!

Exactly. I think we all know, in way or another, how it feels and how devestating it can be to fall off the wagon. I guess the key is to just turn it into a positive and chock it up to a learning experience. You said you want it so badly...and you will get what you want...we all just have to work very very hard for it.

You have lost already 15 lbs. How amazing is that??? I have lost 3 whopping pounds but I am not going to give up. I was bawling like a little baby last night because I am disgusted with what I see. I could have just said, forget it, who cares, no one else seems to care.

But I am still here... on this journey... a journey where we meet lots of inspiring people, like YOU.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Bigjug, you have made awesome progress and sometimes life gives us little set backs, the big lesson is what you do now. So you had a rough week, ate bad one night and of course you feel bad about it but now you have to pick yourself up (no pun intended) and if you are still hurting from the gas station then really give your all to eatting right.

A good way to do this is to start keeping something with you for snacks so that you don't end up starving and then over indulging. These habits that we have all had for whatever amount of time are hard little suckers to break but we are chipping away at them and one lb at a time we will change how we do things.

You just keep in mind your successes and don't let the bumps in the road get in the way of you crawling over them! Think of how many people you inspired this week with your weight loss, next month you can do the same whether its a pound or 20, that's what we are here for!

:flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    It was only day! Don't worry keep your chin up and just move forward from this experience. Drink extra water to help with the bloating and come mon. you'll feel alot better. Every day is a learning experience take this opportunity to learn from this:smile:
    Stay strong!
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    I agree with ALL that has already been said, and want to add in the old cliche around here..."You didn't gain all that weight in one night or one week, or even probably in one year. It's not going to come off that fast either if you are doing it right!" Keep going, it will ALL be worth it in the end!:heart:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over one day. This is a long journey. You only went over by half of your calories for a day so add an extra 10-15 minutes of exercise to your routines this week and trim an extra 100 calories a day off your normal requirement for this week and you'll end up netting the same as if you didn't cheat.
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Ok, time for some tough love kiddo.
    WE ALL have bad weeks. You fell last week and not only did it hurt, it was embarassing. BEEN THERE. Don't use it as an excuse to not do some exercise...if you are really determined and really do want to change you will find away around any problems.... for instance.....you can still do some simple stretches, and try to work out the parts that don't hurt. WHY are you depressed? that's the most important issue. because you are fat? because your work sucks? because you fell? because you cheated? You are giving up way way too easy on yourself and you need to get your head around the fact that YOU are in charge. YOU. You make your food decisions. The only thing open was Pizza king? No Circle K, no food stores? Your fridge at home was empty? come on, is that accurate, or was that the most convenient place and momma and the kids wanted pizza and you're a nice guy, and your tired and just want to go home so you gave in? So, even if that is correct and the only place in the world you could eat last night was Pizza king, why does that depress you? ok, you ate pizza. so? You could have ordered a veggie pizza and picked the topping off and some of the cheese off and left the rest..... it would have gotten you full enough to get home and prepare something good. are you upset because you knew if you had been better prepared, with ideas and foods on hand this couldn't have happened? why would you go 8 + hours with no food? and if you can go that long, (which by the way is a huge success) why not go 30 mins. more and fix something? the time you waited in the restaruant for pizza could have been spent scrambling some egg whites making an omlette. I personally can't go more than a few hours without food. you can go an entire day!!! although not recommended, its a fantastic abillity. where do you work? at a place where you can have a lunch box? ok, then, fill it with all good things, plus keep a bit of protein or or protein drink, or replacement meal or something just in case you work late. start looking at alternatives on the way home after 8:30...and believe me , I too have lived in towns that literally close at 9pm. but the food lion is open all night. there is usually a super walmart somewhere. instead of getting all depressed and sad and wanting to give up. GET MAD!!! make a list of food you need to have available, look at your schedule and see if you can tell when you will have a late night again. Don't give into family pressure, sure, they may not be on a diet, but by golly they better care if you are!! They better start asking about your needs!! what's best for you..some families don't though, they figure its your problem, but that's not true so ...FIGHT BACK, with a good solid plan and KNOW YOU WILL WIN. don't let the world come at you with problems, CHALLENGE the world to get out of your way, cause baby here you come!!
    :happy:

The moral of this story is all challenges can be learning experiences and we can educate ourselves to rise and meet the challenge head on and win. :heart: