Tough Mudder Training Advice

Options
I'm planning on participating in a Tough Mudder in October 2016. That gives me ten months to prepare myself. From anyone who has done one before, any tips or advice? What is the best way to train? I know running is a major factor! Any advice would be super helpful!

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I think obviously running and maybe some crossfit sort of things. or at the very least work on your upper body. They also have training videos on their website.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Focus on muscle endurance and upper body strength. Most of the obstacles you are pulling/climbing your body weight over something.

FYI - The electricity is real! It doesn't tickle either :grimace:
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Hilly trail running is a totally different beast from any other running (treadmill, road, etc), and that's what TM is. I've done three TMs and the best advice I can give you is run very hilly trails and improve your upper body and grip strength.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I did a Mud Hero last year. Running for endurance. Upper body for the climbing, like climbing a ladder or a rope. Up and down stairs and up and over fences.

I lived in terror of the event for most of the summer last year but it was a sunny day, I was with a great group, and it was head-over-heels memorable.