Trying to determine my Activity level. Need advice

Hello,

I'm in need of some advice regarding the activity level.

First off, I'm a student, most of my day is pretty sedentary, sitting down and studying, in class etc. However, I do a 1-1.5 hour intense weightlifting session followed by a 45-1hr breakdancing session by evening. Sometimes I substitute breakdancing for 1 hr of intramural ice hockey. So even though the majority of my day is sedentary, I do get quite a bit of exercise in. So what category would I be best to select?

If you are curious:
Age 19
134 lbs
5"6
Currently trying to lean bulk (put on muscle at 0.5 lb/week)

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited December 2015
    It depends. Are you going to use TDEE or the MFP NEAT method? If you use TDEE, find an online calculator and factor in your exercise. If you use this app, you're probably lightly active. Then you'd log your cardio and eat back the exercise calories. I wouldn't want to do it that way for a bulk though, much prefer TDEE method. Eat the same every day.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Most people I know fall within the 1.3-1.55 multiplier for 3-5 days a week. Adjust higher or lower.
  • BboyDfresh
    BboyDfresh Posts: 8 Member
    I use the Miffin St. Jeor equation to calculate my macros.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Go to scooby's website and figure out your TDEE
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Are you planning on eating your exercise calories back or sticking with a set calorie goal and eating htat everyday?
  • BboyDfresh
    BboyDfresh Posts: 8 Member
    I plan to set a calorie goal and stick to it. I meal prep in advance and therefore just want to have a set goal to meet every day.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited December 2015
    BboyDfresh wrote: »
    I plan to set a calorie goal and stick to it. I meal prep in advance and therefore just want to have a set goal to meet every day.

Then use the scooby calculator to find your TDEE. I usually like to use one other as well and use the difference because I'll get a couple different numbers. Add 250 calories per day. Set your macros where you want from there.