Hi I'm new from Weight Watchers...

Options
I lost 88 pounds with WW Points Plus program, but they pulled the rug under my feet and forced me into some crazy newfangled plan. So I'm jumping ship and I'm going to save $20 a month.

Has anyone here tried both programs? Any suggestions for someone switching from points to calories? I know to track everything including produce going forward. I feel like after a week or so things should translate well for me.

How often do people weigh in on this plan? I think I will try to stick to once a week for myself if I can.

Replies

• TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Weigh in whenever you want. Personally, I weigh myself every Sunday. I would also suggest you purchase a food scale if you don't already have one.
  • gpnfish
    gpnfish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too switched away from WW. Totally frustrated with their new application and the problems with it. I go back and forth with MFP and WW but am now here to stay. In my opinion, MFP is worth the money WW costs and WW is worthless (now)
  • kalchthaleri
    kalchthaleri Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    WW was a great start for me! And it sounds like a great one for you, too!
    But then I plateaued big time. After losing 101 lbs the first year, this year I lost 34. 3 weeks ago I switched to this and have lost 6.3 lbs! This has given me more freedom while making me more aware of nutrition. I think that is what WW is trying to do with their new plan.
    I will always be thankful to them, but so far, I feel like I am making much better choices here!
    Blessings and best wishes to you!!
  • TooMuchBeer7
    TooMuchBeer7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm actually currently using LoseIt!, which is pretty much the same as MFP. I like that it shows me how many calories under I am for the week, those are my "weekly points"
  • hancdon
    hancdon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Never done the WW deal. But you weigh in when you want and are accountable too yourself. Logging in your meals are easy and if you stay true too the process
    (and yourself) it will work without having too pay that monthly fee.