ok...please explain? :-s

Options
Hi all,

I am rather confused, but also VERY happy!! I came back of hols just over 2 weeks ago and discovered i had lost 4lbs :happy:
Then i had a very bad bang to both my hips (my own silly fault) have had a weird bleed, and because i was aware how "fat" i was feeling was weighing myself daily, over 9 days my weight went up 7lbs :frown: even though was doing nothing different, except drinking even more water incase it was water retention, this obviously left me feeling rather crappy and unhappy with myself!

I weighed myself yesterday and although i hadnt put on yet even more i was still 7lbs heavier. I have got up this morning, after doing no different again and weighed myself and according to my scales i have lost 6.4lbs :noway:

i have double and triple checked this and i am not imagining it. So although i am feeling over the moon :bigsmile: i also don't know what the hell has happened?!

Can anyone shed some light?

edit:
should mention that the reason i hadn't thought the weight gain would be down to it being "time of the month" is that i dont/cant have that "time of the month" and haven't for a year now. Spoke to doctor when started the weird bleed and he suspected that it had was because of the blow to the stomach/hip area

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    when you 1st start a diet and start dring all that lovley extra water you body is gonna hold some of that in as weight! and certain times of the month(mine is around day 15)i put on about 5 lbs!!! :( and it does give you a shock,but you soon loose that again after a few days...
    thats what i would put it down too...
  • irenerose25
    irenerose25 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yeah I usually gain 5-7 pounds during that time of the month. It drops off pretty quickly though! Im guessing thats what you had going on.
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    Might I suggest conducting an experiment. Get a known weight, say some dumbells or something that you know the weight of. Weight it on your scale before you weigh yourself. If there is an intermittent error you can make adjustments. It might be your scales are not reading consistently.
  • inn0c3ntbbygrlx3
    Options
    you dont want to weigh yourself everyday, you want to weigh in once a week. i used to weigh myself every day and was getting frustrating cause it kept flucuating. but seemed happier when i weighed in once a week :)
  • sd892310
    sd892310 Posts: 151
    Options
    Yeah I usually gain 5-7 pounds during that time of the month. It drops off pretty quickly though! Im guessing thats what you had going on.

Thanks for your reply, the reason i hadn't thought would be this is that i dont/cant have that "time of the month" and haven't for a year now! The doctor suspected the weird bleed that i had was because of the blow to the stomach/hip area, which is why i was confused about the weight gain
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Sounds like bad scales to me! I've had ones that vary massively - so annoying. I'd invest in some more if I were you xx
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well, usually taking a blow to any area causes swelling. If you were having bleeding on top of that, it could be related. So, either you scale is both the devil and an angel :wink: or maybe you just had some water retention from swelling.